When you hire a DJ for your wedding, you want to be sure you are getting the full package. What should your DJ be providing? Be sure to ask about these four things:
- DJ Equipment – If your DJ doesn’t have his own professional sound equipment, he’s not a real DJ. Depending on the size of the venue and the number of guests, you may need a different speaker set up, so be sure to discuss this in advance.
- Lighting – Dance floor lighting is essential. Your venue may already have some lights for the dance floor. Either way, you should discuss this with your DJ. Ask what is included and if there are any lighting add-ons that you may prefer.
- Custom Announcements – Besides just DJing, you may want your professional DJ to make some announcements for you. Or you may want to be able to use the sound equipment to make some announcements yourself or for speeches/toasts. Discuss this in advance with your wedding DJ.
- Insurance – Some venues require that your vendors provide an insurance certificate. If this is the case, you should ask your DJ. This is also an excellent way to find out if your DJ is a professional since pros understand the importance of having liability coverage.
Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is one of the premier wedding DJs in the San Diego area. Book your event now to ensure availability. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online today.
If you’ve been to a club lately, you probably notice that many of the best songs to dance to contain explicit lyrics. However, you may want to find other songs to play at your wedding reception. Here are three reasons to have your wedding DJ avoid music with explicit lyrics at your reception.
- Kids – If there are going to be any children invited to the wedding, music with explicit lyrics will be a big no-no. While some parents may not care what type of music their children listen to, you shouldn’t be making the decision for all of the parents in attendance at the wedding. If you invite families, the assumption will be that the reception is going to be family friendly.
- Your parents – Your parents may have grown up during the time when explicit lyrics labels were just beginning to be placed on music for the first time. In this case, they are probably more sensitive to the lyrics of music than the modern generation. You want your entire family to be able to enjoy their evening.
- Your grandparents – Are grandma and grandpa still around to see your big day? Then the last thing you want is for them to feel like they were not considered when the wedding arrangements were made. You don’t need to stick completely to older styles of music, but there should be a good mix. At the very least, you can avoid songs with language that will shock the older generation.
A San Diego DJ for All Types of Weddings
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get the best music selection so that you can hear the songs you want and meet the diverse needs of your wedding guests. You also get top of the line sound equipment and an experienced wedding DJ. Call 858.270.2195 to book today, or you can get a quote online.
Hiring a professional DJ can help your wedding to be smoother from start to finish. However, you have to ask the right questions to make sure the DJ you are about to hire can handle everything you need. Here are a few important questions to ask your wedding DJ well before the big day.
- What role will you play on the wedding day? – This is important because you want to be sure that you are on the same page regarding responsibilities. Some wedding DJs treat it just like being at the club. They show up for the reception and keep people on the dancefloor. Others are willing to help from start to finish including playing music for guests as they arrive at the ceremony, playing the songs for the bridal party and bride to walk down the aisle, offering pre-dinner music, making PA equipment available for announcements, speeches or toasts, playing the first dance, and then getting people out on the dance floor.
- What do you intend to wear? – This shouldn’t even be a question, right? It’s a wedding. A pro should be dressed like a wedding guest in a nice suit. Don’t wait until the day of your wedding to find out that the DJ shows up in a flannel shirt, ripped jeans, and a pair of Converse sneakers. Some DJs have a loose definition of the word professional.
- Do you take requests? – Your DJ should be willing to take requests from the guests, but within reason of course. If a song is on the “do not play list” or is not appropriate for the dance floor, a good job should politely deny the request and always ask if there is something else they would like to request.
The Right DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is the professional wedding DJ that you want entertaining your guests. For booking, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
If you have a corporate event coming up, whether it is a product release, a corporate retreat, or a holiday party, you want to have the right entertainment. How can you hire the best entertainer for your next corporate event?
- Determine what sort of entertainment you need – Of course, this is the perfect place for me to plug hiring a DJ (do it!), but you may have other ideas in mind for your corporate event. Just be sure that your entertainer is a professional and has experience with corporate events.
- Book well in advance – This will ensure that you get the best talent. It’s not that you can’t catch a break and have a good DJ available on short notice, but do you really want the quality of your entertainment to rely on being lucky? Not in the business world.
- Find someone with varied experience – You want a DJ with corporate experience, but experience with events like weddings or at clubs is also important. This shows that your DJ knows how to read all sorts of audiences so as to provide the best experience for your event guests.
Southern California’s Corporate Event DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to make your next corporate event memorable for all the right reasons. Mikey has the right experience, sound equipment, music, and personality. Call today at 858.270.2195 or get a quote online. It’s time to turn the same old boring corporate event into an extravaganza, and DJ Mikey Beats is the man to do it.
The live entertainment can be a key component of your corporate event. It can help to get people hyped up for your product release, announcement, or another event type, and it can ensure that you have the right sound equipment in place for speeches or announcements. Here are a few tips from a professional corporate DJ to help you make good decisions.
- Hire a professional corporate DJ with experience – This should seem obvious for a corporation that is trying to make a name for itself and increase brand awareness. However, in an effort to pinch a few pennies on the budget, some companies have made the mistake of hiring someone with little to no experience in the corporate world.
- Make sure you have some creative control – You are hiring a pro so that you know he can read a room and choose the right songs. But you may also have some songs in mind for introductions and things of that nature. You may also have some songs that you definitely don’t want to be played. Make sure your DJ is willing to work with you.
- Check out the sound equipment – Professional equipment should do more than just play crystal clear music. It should also have a great PA quality so that you can speak to your audience, make any necessary announcements, and even provide direction in the rare case of an emergency.
A San Diego Based Professional Corporate DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be your corporate DJ. With over 12 years as a corporate, wedding, and club DJ, you know you are getting the experience and sound equipment that your special event needs. For more information, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
It’s your magical day. Surrounded by friends and family, you get to tie the knot with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It’s time to party! But to do it right, you have to hire the right wedding DJ. Here are a few tips to help you make a great choice.
- Don’t let one of your friends or family members do it – Your wedding isn’t the time to hire an amateur. You can let your cousin DJ your summer BBQ.
- Ask about equipment – Is it clear and powerful? Can you use the PA system for announcements or speeches?
- Ask about music – Are you allowed to have a must-play or a do-not-play list? Are all of the genres you want to hear represented well?
- Does he have experience? – You definitely want someone with wedding DJ experience, but other experience is beneficial as well. For example, has the DJ played clubs or corporate events? You want to be sure your entertainer has experience playing to different types of audiences so you know that he can read a room well.
- Check reviews – Anyone can have one or two haters, but you want to hire a DJ who gets 5-star reviews from almost every client.
DJ Mikey Beats Is the Wedding DJ You Need
DJ Mike Beats is an experienced wedding, corporate, and club DJ with great sound equipment and a huge selection of music. To book your event and start working on a playlist, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can start out by getting a quote online.
If you are planning a special event in the San Diego area, whether it is an anniversary party, birthday party, or the like, then you should be thinking about hiring a professional DJ. Why is a professional DJ an important aspect of any private event? Here are 5 reasons:
- Better music – A pro DJ is going to have a great selection of songs.
- Superior sound equipment – Pros can afford the best, and that means you get great speakers for your music but also a top-notch PA system for announcements, toasts, and speeches.
- Talent – Professional DJs know how to keep a crowd happy and mix a great playlist on the fly.
- Professional disposition – A professional DJ is going to dress and act the part. He will also know how much to turn up his personality to ensure everyone is having fun without distracting from the main center of attention, the person or couple whom the party is for.
- Reliability – A professional will arrive early, have all the songs on your must-play list, will remember not to play the songs on your do-not-play list, and will be packed up and ready to go when you need to be out of the venue.
Hire a Professional DJ for your Private Event in the San Diego Area
DJ Mikey Beats brings the professionalism that you want at your private event. For the best music, sound equipment, and DJing talent, call DJ Mikey today at 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
When you hire a professional DJ for your private or corporate event, you gain advantages from the years of training and experience that a pro will have in his corner. Here are some of the things that a professional DJ spends years perfecting.
- Reading an audience – A pro DJ can read a room and know what song needs to happen next in order to provide the maximum amount of enjoyment.
- Beat matching – Your DJ isn’t letting one song end and the next begin. He is actively changing the beats per minute to match the song and let one flow seamlessly into the next.
- Phrasing – Have you ever wondered why a DJ always has headphones on? It takes precision to line up the beats and begin the next track at exactly the optimal moment. In the headphones, the DJ can hear the tracks line up before he plays it for the crowd.
- Equalizing – This involves adjusting the high, low, and mid-tones of the song to match the needs of the audience and the songs that are being mixed.
- Song choice – A pro will know when to ramp things up even more, and when to bring things down so the partiers can get a breather and the lovers can get on the dance floor.
A Professional San Diego DJ for Your Private or Corporate Event
DJ Mikey Beats has the experience and professionalism you want in a DJ for your next private or corporate event. From the best sound equipment to technical skills of a pro, DJ Mikey knows how to get a party started and keep it going. Call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online now.
People have some pretty wild ideas when it comes to wedding DJs. Here are a few myths that surround this profession:
- Wedding DJs don’t like requests – I love requests and here’s why; some songs could be family favorites but did not make it on the play list and sometimes the bride and groom don’t take into consideration what the guests want to hear. Certain songs can be anthems at family parties and can really make precious moments at weddings. I love speaking with family members because I can get to know the family history and express it through music. With all the decisions the bride and groom need to make in organizing a wedding, sometimes the music details aren’t expressed. This is why I love requests.
- If you’ve heard one DJ, you’ve heard them all – All DJs have their own unique experience and strengths. For a wedding, you want a professional wedding DJ, but also someone with mixed experienced such as in clubs to ensure that the entertainment will fit any audience.
- Anyone can DJ your wedding – I guess if you don’t care about the music or how much fun your guests have, this is true. But if you want your reception to be the bash of the century, then you need to hire a professional, not have someone stand in the corner with an iPhone and a “wedding beats” playlist.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Big Day
DJ Mikey Beats has experience with weddings, clubs, and even in the corporate sector. He brings along his own unique personality and professional sound equipment to make sure that your wedding guests have the time of their lives and remember your special day forever. To hire DJ Mikey, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You want it to be perfect, but you also don’t want to start out your marriage with tons of debt or by spending all of your wedding gifts in advance. Here are a few smart ways to save money at your wedding without sacrificing the quality of this important life event.
- Get married on a Friday or Sunday – You may dream about the perfect wedding dress, the best wedding cake, or even the right wedding venue. But very few people dream about having a Saturday wedding. Saturday’s are just a popular wedding day, and so you automatically pay more for the venue and many vendors. By getting married on a Friday or a Sunday, you sacrifice almost nothing to save a ton of money.
- Send electronic invites – Most people throw away paper invites anyway, and you may still end up having to call half the people on your list. You can save a bunch of money by sending electronic invites, and only print invites for the guests who matter most or the few who don’t have an email address. Just remember to save one paper copy for your wedding album.
- Hire a professional wedding DJ – Since a DJ is one person, it’s a lot cheaper than paying for a full band. But you don’t sacrifice quality like you do if you just have someone playing music from their smartphone.
San Diego’s Premier Wedding DJ
Hire DJ Mikey Beats to get the best professional DJ equipment and an experienced DJ with a great selection of music. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.