The music is an important aspect of wedding festivities for most couples and their guests. So how can you be sure that your reception is one to remember? Here are some tips from a professional wedding DJ to help you have better music at your wedding.
- Hire a pro – Don’t let someone DJ your wedding from a smartphone with a Bluetooth speaker. You get poor sound quality and amateur music selection (just to quickly name a couple of the problems).
- Have a must-play list – If there are songs that you absolutely have to hear throughout the evening, this is the time to let your DJ know so that they are definitely on the list.
- Have a do-not-play list – This is just as important. You don’t want a song you hate played at your wedding because someone requested it.
- Choosing processional songs and your first dance – The timing is just as important as the melody with these songs, so make sure that you have a song that hits a crescendo at just the right moment for the bride to walk down the aisle and a first dance that doesn’t leave you out on the dance floor for an embarrassingly long time.
San Diego Based Professional Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats is a professional wedding DJ based in the San Diego area. If you want professional equipment, high-quality music, and the experience of a club DJ, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
Are you looking for inspiration when it comes to your first dance? Here are some of the songs that famous and powerful people from around the world have danced to at their own wedding.
- Royals Prince William and Kate Middleton stuck to a classic ballad from Sir Elton John, “Your Song”.
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose American soul artist Donny Hathaway for their first dance. The song was titled “A Song for You”.
- What do you dance to when you run the most successful social media site in the world? Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan chose “Last Day on Earth” by Green Day as their first dance.
- What do you have your first dance to when you marry Paul McCartney? One of his songs, of course! When Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell tied the knot, they danced to “My Valentine”.
- Speaking of dancing to your own songs, Jay Z and Beyoncé had their first dance to “Crazy in Love”.
- Michael Bublé and Luisana Lopilato danced to a great crooner track – just not one of his. They chose Dean Martin’s “Everybody Loves Somebody”.
Have Your First Dance Played by a Pro
DJ Mikey Beats is happy to spin the first song and all the other tunes you want at your wedding. With an experienced wedding and club DJ, your guests are sure to have a great time. Don’t forget to have your must play list and do not play list ready, so you have creative control.
For inquiries, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
If you are planning a corporate event in California, you need to be sure to avoid some of the classic mistakes that event planners make in regard to businesses. Here are a few no-nos when it comes to corporate event entertainment.
- Not hiring any entertainment at all – Your employees work hard, and they deserve to be rewarded. When its time for a corporate event, whether it is a holiday party, a retreat, or a product release, be sure to hire a professional DJ to liven up the party.
- Hiring the wrong DJ – You want to be sure that your DJ is experienced in performing at corporate events, but you also want someone with club experience so you know that he can get people out on the dance floor.
- Not thinking about your attendees – Remember that these are coworkers and may not necessarily be used to socializing with one another. There are going to be a lot of things that will help everyone relax including good food, good drinks, and a good DJ.
A Trustworthy Corporate DJ Based in San Diego
Based in San Diego, DJ Mikey Beats is proud to serve corporations in the San Diego area and beyond. If you need a professional corporate DJ who also has club experience, then DJ Mikey is the right choice for you. Corporate events call for the right mix of talent, equipment, and professionalism and DJ Mikey Beats is the total package. To book DJ Mikey for your next event, call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online.
If you operate a small to medium-size company (SMB), you may not have the same size events as a large corporation. However, that doesn’t make your event less important. Whether you are celebrating the release of a new product or planning a holiday party, here are a few ways to make the event something special for your close-knit team.
- Plan the right meal – One of the most important components of a corporate event is the food. Whether you are planning a sit-down dinner or appetizers and a cocktail hour, be sure to hire a good caterer so everyone gets enough to eat and drink.
- Chose an appropriate venue – The size of your company and whether or not the attendees include family members will determine the size venue that you need. Then you want to be sure that it has the right amenities for your guests, the food service team, and your entertainment.
- Hire the right entertainer – If you want the right sound equipment for announcements and speeches and the best music to get everyone hyped, you need a great corporate DJ. Hiring a DJ who also has club experience is another must if you want to get everyone dancing later in the evening.
The Right Corporate DJ for Your Event
If you are looking for a corporate DJ with club experience, high-end sound equipment, and all the music you want and need, DJ Mikey Beats is here for your company. To get your event on the calendar, just call 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
The first dance is one of the most special moments at a wedding reception and celebrates the happy couple. What other dances should you think about that may apply to your wedding? Here are four types of dances you may want to consider.
- Father-daughter – This can be a great way to let daddy and his little girl have a special moment at the wedding. Alternatively, you may have a stepfather-daughter, grandfather-granddaughter, or even a godfather-daughter dance depending on the family makeup.
- Mother-son – You don’t have to be a momma’s boy to want a special dance with mom. Again, this can apply in stepfamilies or even when mom is a godmother or grandmother who raised the groom.
- Anniversary dance – This a great way to get all of the married couples on the dancefloor at once. The professional wedding DJ will gradually cut down the number of couples on the floor, starting with eliminating anyone married less than a day (you guys already got your dance). Everyone can applaud the last couple standing and maybe even get them to share a few tips for making a marriage last.
- Line dancing – Even people who shy away from the dancefloor may get up for a popular line dance. Even if this isn’t your thing, you may want to consider one or two for people who will only go to the dancefloor if they already know the steps.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats serves the southern California area and beyond, providing professional equipment and experience that you want at your wedding ceremony and reception. From the right songs for all of your special dances to professional PA equipment that will make sure the speeches and toasts are easy to hear and understand, DJ Mikey is your guy. Call 858.270.2195 for direct booking, or you can request a quote online.
When holding a corporate event, selecting the right entertainment is a must. Here are some mistakes to avoid when hiring a DJ for your corporate event.
- Not hiring someone with pro equipment – Hiring an amateur or letting a company member DJ the event is usually a huge disaster. Sound problems and other miscues can ruin the event and be embarrassing for the brand.
- Not matching the entertainment to the event – There are many types of corporate gatherings. Whether it is a luncheon, a holiday party, an executive retreat, or a team building event, you want to be sure that your entertainment fits the mood. Hiring a DJ who has a wide range of expertise and an expansive music playlist will help you match the mood of the event.
- Hiring a DJ with no corporate experience – A corporate event has a very different feel than a wedding or a club. It’s okay, even good, for your DJ to have experience in other types of events as well. However, you don’t want to hire a DJ for a corporate event who has no experience in working with businesses.
An Experienced Corporate DJ with the Music and Equipment to Make Your Event Memorable
DJ Mikey Beats has experience in every aspect of the DJing world. He’s performed for companies like Monster Energy, Sony Online Entertainment, UCSD Health, Costco, and California Pizza Kitchen. He’s also an experienced club DJ, so you know he’s the best of both worlds – he can conduct himself properly for your event, and he knows how to get people out of their seats.
For more information or to book DJ Mikey for your next corporate event, call 656.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
There are a couple of mistakes corporate event planners make when hiring a DJ for special events. The first is hiring a DJ who specializes in only corporate events. The second is hiring a DJ who only has experience in the club. Here are the reasons these are both mistakes and why you need to hire a DJ who has experience in both environments.
Why You Need More than Just a Corporate DJ
Corporate DJs may have the proper decorum that you are looking for, but they may lack the energy you need at your event. Whether they struggle to get people who are not used to socializing together on the dance floor or they simply don’t have the right music and equipment, the event can end up being a little flat.
Why a Club DJ May Not Be the Right Fit
On the other hand, a club DJ can get people on the dance floor, but they may not know the proper way to dress and comport themselves for your corporate event. This can result in awkward situations and maybe even some embarrassment for the company.
The Best Corporate DJ with Club Experience
This is why you want DJ Mikey Beats for your next corporate event. When someone has experience in the corporate world and on the club scene, you know that you are going to have an entertainer who can get the party started and get everyone to have a good time, while still maintaining the proper appearance and decorum that you want your event to have.
To book DJ Mike Beats for your next corporate event, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
One of the things you need to discuss with your wedding DJ is the styles of music you want to hear. Having a favorite genre is fine, but if you want your wedding guests to have a great night, it usually calls for variety. Here are a few genres you don’t want to forget if you are trying to ensure that everyone gets out on the dancefloor at least once.
- Latin music – From salsa to merengue, there are a lot of people out there who love to dance to Latin music, and you don’t have to be bilingual to enjoy the beat. If you are leaving this style of music off the playlist, someone on the guest list is sure to be disappointed.
- Swing music – The dance style that defined the roaring 20s came back with a vengeance in the 90s. No one from that generation is going to be dancing to grunge rock, but if you play some swing music, you are sure to find out that some of your friends or relatives have been practicing for just such an occasion.
- Ballroom music – Ballroom dancing requires a little extra training, so if you’re pretty sure no one at your wedding knows how to foxtrot, waltz, tango, or cha cha, you may be able to get away without it. However, if you have just one couple who has a little training, everyone else is usually happy to get out there and give it a try, and it’s a great way to change up the pace.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be your wedding DJ. With experience as both a wedding DJ and a club DJ, you know you are getting professional sound equipment along with someone who knows how to comport himself at a wedding but also knows how to get people out on the dancefloor. To get started, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can request a quote online.
Sometimes it is easier to select a song for the procession of the bride than for the rest of the wedding party. Would you like a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing before you meet with a professional wedding DJ? Here are 6 of the most requested songs for the procession of the bridal party.
- Jack Johnson: Better Together – This song provides a little bit of an upbeat tempo for the bridal party, while still delivering a sweet acoustic feel.
- Beatles: In My Life – The guitar cover by Fred Benedetti & Peter Pupping is a great way to lead into a procession of the bride that features a version of Here Comes the Sun.
- Train: Marry Me – Train isn’t usually known for acoustic ballads, but this one has been popular at weddings since the moment it released.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D – This is popular for the bridal party and the bride. If you choose it for the bridal party, try a version by the Lumiere String Quartet or Gypsy Flamenco Masters for a Spanish guitar version.
- Journey: Faithfully – The original may not scream bridal party procession, but the cover by United Guitar Players sure does.
- Jason Mraz: I’m Yours – The Stringspace Space Quartet does a great cover of this song that can be used for the bridal party.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
If you are planning a wedding in Southern California, DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you throw the party of your life. To get your celebration started, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
The next time you have a major corporate event planned, hire a professional entertainer to give your employees a night they deserve. Whether it is a holiday party, a summer barbecue, or a company retreat, DJ Mikey Beats wants to exceed all expectations with his professional sound equipment, extensive playlist, and experienced DJing skills.
Experience Working with Large Corporations
When you hire a DJ for a corporate event, you not only need someone who is good at his job but who also has experience in dealing with professionals. Your company retreat isn’t some spring break festival. It’s still attached to your brand. So you need someone with experience in performing in a professional setting. Here are some of the major companies that DJ Mikey Beats has performed for:
- Monster Energy Drink
- Sony Online Entertainment
- Vavi Sports
- Noble Solutions
- UCSD Health
- Ligand Pharma
- Chef Works
- And more!
So no matter what your company does or how large the event is, you know that you are hiring a professional who is up to the challenge and will make sure everyone has a great time.
Hire Your Corporate Event DJ Today!
If you are ready to hire a professional DJ with real corporate entertainment experience, then call 858.270.2195 today. From disco and funk to 80s, 90s, 00s, and modern pop, DJ Mikey Beats has the music and equipment to handle your next corporate event. For added convenience, you can also request a quote right here from the website.