When you hire a professional DJ for your private or corporate event, you gain advantages from the years of training and experience that a pro will have in his corner. Here are some of the things that a professional DJ spends years perfecting.
- Reading an audience – A pro DJ can read a room and know what song needs to happen next in order to provide the maximum amount of enjoyment.
- Beat matching – Your DJ isn’t letting one song end and the next begin. He is actively changing the beats per minute to match the song and let one flow seamlessly into the next.
- Phrasing – Have you ever wondered why a DJ always has headphones on? It takes precision to line up the beats and begin the next track at exactly the optimal moment. In the headphones, the DJ can hear the tracks line up before he plays it for the crowd.
- Equalizing – This involves adjusting the high, low, and mid-tones of the song to match the needs of the audience and the songs that are being mixed.
- Song choice – A pro will know when to ramp things up even more, and when to bring things down so the partiers can get a breather and the lovers can get on the dance floor.
A Professional San Diego DJ for Your Private or Corporate Event
DJ Mikey Beats has the experience and professionalism you want in a DJ for your next private or corporate event. From the best sound equipment to technical skills of a pro, DJ Mikey knows how to get a party started and keep it going. Call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online now.
People have some pretty wild ideas when it comes to wedding DJs. Here are a few myths that surround this profession:
- Wedding DJs don’t like requests – I love requests and here’s why; some songs could be family favorites but did not make it on the play list and sometimes the bride and groom don’t take into consideration what the guests want to hear. Certain songs can be anthems at family parties and can really make precious moments at weddings. I love speaking with family members because I can get to know the family history and express it through music. With all the decisions the bride and groom need to make in organizing a wedding, sometimes the music details aren’t expressed. This is why I love requests.
- If you’ve heard one DJ, you’ve heard them all – All DJs have their own unique experience and strengths. For a wedding, you want a professional wedding DJ, but also someone with mixed experienced such as in clubs to ensure that the entertainment will fit any audience.
- Anyone can DJ your wedding – I guess if you don’t care about the music or how much fun your guests have, this is true. But if you want your reception to be the bash of the century, then you need to hire a professional, not have someone stand in the corner with an iPhone and a “wedding beats” playlist.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Big Day
DJ Mikey Beats has experience with weddings, clubs, and even in the corporate sector. He brings along his own unique personality and professional sound equipment to make sure that your wedding guests have the time of their lives and remember your special day forever. To hire DJ Mikey, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You want it to be perfect, but you also don’t want to start out your marriage with tons of debt or by spending all of your wedding gifts in advance. Here are a few smart ways to save money at your wedding without sacrificing the quality of this important life event.
- Get married on a Friday or Sunday – You may dream about the perfect wedding dress, the best wedding cake, or even the right wedding venue. But very few people dream about having a Saturday wedding. Saturday’s are just a popular wedding day, and so you automatically pay more for the venue and many vendors. By getting married on a Friday or a Sunday, you sacrifice almost nothing to save a ton of money.
- Send electronic invites – Most people throw away paper invites anyway, and you may still end up having to call half the people on your list. You can save a bunch of money by sending electronic invites, and only print invites for the guests who matter most or the few who don’t have an email address. Just remember to save one paper copy for your wedding album.
- Hire a professional wedding DJ – Since a DJ is one person, it’s a lot cheaper than paying for a full band. But you don’t sacrifice quality like you do if you just have someone playing music from their smartphone.
San Diego’s Premier Wedding DJ
Hire DJ Mikey Beats to get the best professional DJ equipment and an experienced DJ with a great selection of music. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
The music is an important aspect of wedding festivities for most couples and their guests. So how can you be sure that your reception is one to remember? Here are some tips from a professional wedding DJ to help you have better music at your wedding.
- Hire a pro – Don’t let someone DJ your wedding from a smartphone with a Bluetooth speaker. You get poor sound quality and amateur music selection (just to quickly name a couple of the problems).
- Have a must-play list – If there are songs that you absolutely have to hear throughout the evening, this is the time to let your DJ know so that they are definitely on the list.
- Have a do-not-play list – This is just as important. You don’t want a song you hate played at your wedding because someone requested it.
- Choosing processional songs and your first dance – The timing is just as important as the melody with these songs, so make sure that you have a song that hits a crescendo at just the right moment for the bride to walk down the aisle and a first dance that doesn’t leave you out on the dance floor for an embarrassingly long time.
San Diego Based Professional Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats is a professional wedding DJ based in the San Diego area. If you want professional equipment, high-quality music, and the experience of a club DJ, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
Are you looking for inspiration when it comes to your first dance? Here are some of the songs that famous and powerful people from around the world have danced to at their own wedding.
- Royals Prince William and Kate Middleton stuck to a classic ballad from Sir Elton John, “Your Song”.
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose American soul artist Donny Hathaway for their first dance. The song was titled “A Song for You”.
- What do you dance to when you run the most successful social media site in the world? Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan chose “Last Day on Earth” by Green Day as their first dance.
- What do you have your first dance to when you marry Paul McCartney? One of his songs, of course! When Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell tied the knot, they danced to “My Valentine”.
- Speaking of dancing to your own songs, Jay Z and Beyoncé had their first dance to “Crazy in Love”.
- Michael Bublé and Luisana Lopilato danced to a great crooner track – just not one of his. They chose Dean Martin’s “Everybody Loves Somebody”.
Have Your First Dance Played by a Pro
DJ Mikey Beats is happy to spin the first song and all the other tunes you want at your wedding. With an experienced wedding and club DJ, your guests are sure to have a great time. Don’t forget to have your must play list and do not play list ready, so you have creative control.
For inquiries, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
If you are planning a corporate event in California, you need to be sure to avoid some of the classic mistakes that event planners make in regard to businesses. Here are a few no-nos when it comes to corporate event entertainment.
- Not hiring any entertainment at all – Your employees work hard, and they deserve to be rewarded. When its time for a corporate event, whether it is a holiday party, a retreat, or a product release, be sure to hire a professional DJ to liven up the party.
- Hiring the wrong DJ – You want to be sure that your DJ is experienced in performing at corporate events, but you also want someone with club experience so you know that he can get people out on the dance floor.
- Not thinking about your attendees – Remember that these are coworkers and may not necessarily be used to socializing with one another. There are going to be a lot of things that will help everyone relax including good food, good drinks, and a good DJ.
A Trustworthy Corporate DJ Based in San Diego
Based in San Diego, DJ Mikey Beats is proud to serve corporations in the San Diego area and beyond. If you need a professional corporate DJ who also has club experience, then DJ Mikey is the right choice for you. Corporate events call for the right mix of talent, equipment, and professionalism and DJ Mikey Beats is the total package. To book DJ Mikey for your next event, call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online.
If you operate a small to medium-size company (SMB), you may not have the same size events as a large corporation. However, that doesn’t make your event less important. Whether you are celebrating the release of a new product or planning a holiday party, here are a few ways to make the event something special for your close-knit team.
- Plan the right meal – One of the most important components of a corporate event is the food. Whether you are planning a sit-down dinner or appetizers and a cocktail hour, be sure to hire a good caterer so everyone gets enough to eat and drink.
- Chose an appropriate venue – The size of your company and whether or not the attendees include family members will determine the size venue that you need. Then you want to be sure that it has the right amenities for your guests, the food service team, and your entertainment.
- Hire the right entertainer – If you want the right sound equipment for announcements and speeches and the best music to get everyone hyped, you need a great corporate DJ. Hiring a DJ who also has club experience is another must if you want to get everyone dancing later in the evening.
The Right Corporate DJ for Your Event
If you are looking for a corporate DJ with club experience, high-end sound equipment, and all the music you want and need, DJ Mikey Beats is here for your company. To get your event on the calendar, just call 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
The first dance is one of the most special moments at a wedding reception and celebrates the happy couple. What other dances should you think about that may apply to your wedding? Here are four types of dances you may want to consider.
- Father-daughter – This can be a great way to let daddy and his little girl have a special moment at the wedding. Alternatively, you may have a stepfather-daughter, grandfather-granddaughter, or even a godfather-daughter dance depending on the family makeup.
- Mother-son – You don’t have to be a momma’s boy to want a special dance with mom. Again, this can apply in stepfamilies or even when mom is a godmother or grandmother who raised the groom.
- Anniversary dance – This a great way to get all of the married couples on the dancefloor at once. The professional wedding DJ will gradually cut down the number of couples on the floor, starting with eliminating anyone married less than a day (you guys already got your dance). Everyone can applaud the last couple standing and maybe even get them to share a few tips for making a marriage last.
- Line dancing – Even people who shy away from the dancefloor may get up for a popular line dance. Even if this isn’t your thing, you may want to consider one or two for people who will only go to the dancefloor if they already know the steps.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats serves the southern California area and beyond, providing professional equipment and experience that you want at your wedding ceremony and reception. From the right songs for all of your special dances to professional PA equipment that will make sure the speeches and toasts are easy to hear and understand, DJ Mikey is your guy. Call 858.270.2195 for direct booking, or you can request a quote online.
When holding a corporate event, selecting the right entertainment is a must. Here are some mistakes to avoid when hiring a DJ for your corporate event.
- Not hiring someone with pro equipment – Hiring an amateur or letting a company member DJ the event is usually a huge disaster. Sound problems and other miscues can ruin the event and be embarrassing for the brand.
- Not matching the entertainment to the event – There are many types of corporate gatherings. Whether it is a luncheon, a holiday party, an executive retreat, or a team building event, you want to be sure that your entertainment fits the mood. Hiring a DJ who has a wide range of expertise and an expansive music playlist will help you match the mood of the event.
- Hiring a DJ with no corporate experience – A corporate event has a very different feel than a wedding or a club. It’s okay, even good, for your DJ to have experience in other types of events as well. However, you don’t want to hire a DJ for a corporate event who has no experience in working with businesses.
An Experienced Corporate DJ with the Music and Equipment to Make Your Event Memorable
DJ Mikey Beats has experience in every aspect of the DJing world. He’s performed for companies like Monster Energy, Sony Online Entertainment, UCSD Health, Costco, and California Pizza Kitchen. He’s also an experienced club DJ, so you know he’s the best of both worlds – he can conduct himself properly for your event, and he knows how to get people out of their seats.
For more information or to book DJ Mikey for your next corporate event, call 656.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
There are a couple of mistakes corporate event planners make when hiring a DJ for special events. The first is hiring a DJ who specializes in only corporate events. The second is hiring a DJ who only has experience in the club. Here are the reasons these are both mistakes and why you need to hire a DJ who has experience in both environments.
Why You Need More than Just a Corporate DJ
Corporate DJs may have the proper decorum that you are looking for, but they may lack the energy you need at your event. Whether they struggle to get people who are not used to socializing together on the dance floor or they simply don’t have the right music and equipment, the event can end up being a little flat.
Why a Club DJ May Not Be the Right Fit
On the other hand, a club DJ can get people on the dance floor, but they may not know the proper way to dress and comport themselves for your corporate event. This can result in awkward situations and maybe even some embarrassment for the company.
The Best Corporate DJ with Club Experience
This is why you want DJ Mikey Beats for your next corporate event. When someone has experience in the corporate world and on the club scene, you know that you are going to have an entertainer who can get the party started and get everyone to have a good time, while still maintaining the proper appearance and decorum that you want your event to have.
To book DJ Mike Beats for your next corporate event, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.