There are a couple of mistakes corporate event planners make when hiring a DJ for special events. The first is hiring a DJ who specializes in only corporate events. The second is hiring a DJ who only has experience in the club. Here are the reasons these are both mistakes and why you need to hire a DJ who has experience in both environments.
Why You Need More than Just a Corporate DJ
Corporate DJs may have the proper decorum that you are looking for, but they may lack the energy you need at your event. Whether they struggle to get people who are not used to socializing together on the dance floor or they simply don’t have the right music and equipment, the event can end up being a little flat.
Why a Club DJ May Not Be the Right Fit
On the other hand, a club DJ can get people on the dance floor, but they may not know the proper way to dress and comport themselves for your corporate event. This can result in awkward situations and maybe even some embarrassment for the company.
The Best Corporate DJ with Club Experience
This is why you want DJ Mikey Beats for your next corporate event. When someone has experience in the corporate world and on the club scene, you know that you are going to have an entertainer who can get the party started and get everyone to have a good time, while still maintaining the proper appearance and decorum that you want your event to have.
To book DJ Mike Beats for your next corporate event, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
One of the things you need to discuss with your wedding DJ is the styles of music you want to hear. Having a favorite genre is fine, but if you want your wedding guests to have a great night, it usually calls for variety. Here are a few genres you don’t want to forget if you are trying to ensure that everyone gets out on the dancefloor at least once.
- Latin music – From salsa to merengue, there are a lot of people out there who love to dance to Latin music, and you don’t have to be bilingual to enjoy the beat. If you are leaving this style of music off the playlist, someone on the guest list is sure to be disappointed.
- Swing music – The dance style that defined the roaring 20s came back with a vengeance in the 90s. No one from that generation is going to be dancing to grunge rock, but if you play some swing music, you are sure to find out that some of your friends or relatives have been practicing for just such an occasion.
- Ballroom music – Ballroom dancing requires a little extra training, so if you’re pretty sure no one at your wedding knows how to foxtrot, waltz, tango, or cha cha, you may be able to get away without it. However, if you have just one couple who has a little training, everyone else is usually happy to get out there and give it a try, and it’s a great way to change up the pace.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be your wedding DJ. With experience as both a wedding DJ and a club DJ, you know you are getting professional sound equipment along with someone who knows how to comport himself at a wedding but also knows how to get people out on the dancefloor. To get started, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can request a quote online.
Sometimes it is easier to select a song for the procession of the bride than for the rest of the wedding party. Would you like a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing before you meet with a professional wedding DJ? Here are 6 of the most requested songs for the procession of the bridal party.
- Jack Johnson: Better Together – This song provides a little bit of an upbeat tempo for the bridal party, while still delivering a sweet acoustic feel.
- Beatles: In My Life – The guitar cover by Fred Benedetti & Peter Pupping is a great way to lead into a procession of the bride that features a version of Here Comes the Sun.
- Train: Marry Me – Train isn’t usually known for acoustic ballads, but this one has been popular at weddings since the moment it released.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D – This is popular for the bridal party and the bride. If you choose it for the bridal party, try a version by the Lumiere String Quartet or Gypsy Flamenco Masters for a Spanish guitar version.
- Journey: Faithfully – The original may not scream bridal party procession, but the cover by United Guitar Players sure does.
- Jason Mraz: I’m Yours – The Stringspace Space Quartet does a great cover of this song that can be used for the bridal party.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
If you are planning a wedding in Southern California, DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you throw the party of your life. To get your celebration started, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
The next time you have a major corporate event planned, hire a professional entertainer to give your employees a night they deserve. Whether it is a holiday party, a summer barbecue, or a company retreat, DJ Mikey Beats wants to exceed all expectations with his professional sound equipment, extensive playlist, and experienced DJing skills.
Experience Working with Large Corporations
When you hire a DJ for a corporate event, you not only need someone who is good at his job but who also has experience in dealing with professionals. Your company retreat isn’t some spring break festival. It’s still attached to your brand. So you need someone with experience in performing in a professional setting. Here are some of the major companies that DJ Mikey Beats has performed for:
- Monster Energy Drink
- Sony Online Entertainment
- Vavi Sports
- Noble Solutions
- UCSD Health
- Ligand Pharma
- Chef Works
- And more!
So no matter what your company does or how large the event is, you know that you are hiring a professional who is up to the challenge and will make sure everyone has a great time.
Hire Your Corporate Event DJ Today!
If you are ready to hire a professional DJ with real corporate entertainment experience, then call 858.270.2195 today. From disco and funk to 80s, 90s, 00s, and modern pop, DJ Mikey Beats has the music and equipment to handle your next corporate event. For added convenience, you can also request a quote right here from the website.
DJ Mikey Beats is well-known in the San Diego area as a wedding and corporate event DJ, but that doesn’t mean he’s unavailable for your private event. If you are getting ready to throw the bash of the year, then you need professional sound equipment, a customized playlist, and a professional DJ who can play the room and maintain the mood you want your event to convey. Here are just some of the types of private events that people have hired DJ Mikey Beats to perform at:
- Birthday parties
- Graduation parties
- Bar/bat mitzvahs
- And more!
DJ Mikey Beats has worked at major local venues like the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego and the La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla. So wherever you intend to have your event, no venue is too big for Mikey’s professional sound equipment.
Make Sure Everyone Hears Your Announcements and Speeches
Pro sound equipment is for more than just cranking out the jams when it is time to get everyone on the dance floor. You also want crystal clear sound for announcements, speeches, and even a formal ceremony. Whatever you need, just tell DJ Mikey in advance, and he will work with you.
Get the Best DJ for Your Private Event Now
Just call 858.270.2195 or request a quote from the website to get the ball rolling. Then we can start working on your preferences in music or even come up with a custom playlist for your private event.
You’ve waited your whole life for this, and now it is finally time to take your turn walking down the aisle to get married. While you may already have a procession song in mind, and there is nothing wrong with marching to the beat of your own drum, there is a reason why popular songs are popular. Here are some of the most requested wedding ceremony songs.
- The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun – Whether you get married in the summer or winter, you want to be the sunlight of your new groom’s life. Maybe that is why many brides choose Here Comes the Sun as their bridal procession song. For a nice twist on a classic song, you can try versions recorded by Daisuke Minamizawa, United Guitar Players, Vitamin String Quarter, or Stringspace.
- The Piano Guys: The Cello Song – Based on a Bach song that is considered one of the greatest cello songs of all time, The Piano Guys put their own spin on it by playing 8 cellos.
- Christina Perri: A Thousand Years – Everyone who gets married dreams of the bliss lasting forever. Maybe that’s why A Thousand Years feels so right when you are walking up to take your eternal vows. If you want a different spin on this modern classic, try versions by Boyce Avenue, Jun Sung Ahn, The Piano Guys, or Neena Goh.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D – This is another classical tune that resonates with many brides, and there are plenty of exciting versions to choose from so you can maintain an original feel or something more modern.
Hire the Right DJ for Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats knows and has all of the top procession of the bride songs. No matter what your musical tastes may be, your wedding ceremony and reception need the right DJ, so call 858.270.2195 to book a true professional today, or you can get a quote online.
Couples are always taking a look ahead when it comes to planning a wedding. What is in store when it comes to wedding music in 2019? One thing that may be about to catch on is more wedding music coming from soundtracks.
The Soundtrack Phenomenon
This isn’t the first-time soundtracks have been a big deal in music. From Whitney Houston’s contributions to The Bodyguard soundtrack to Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On from the Titanic soundtrack, songs from movies and musicals have been played at weddings for years. What movies or shows are bringing back the trend in 2019?
- The Greatest Showman – Songs from this movie have been popping up all over, and with new renditions from popular artists emerging, the popularity of these songs won’t die down anytime soon.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – The Freddy Mercury biopic has brought Queen back into the spotlight.
- Moana – Lin Manuel Miranda is having quite the decade, and the longevity of the soundtrack to this kids’ film is a testament to his musical
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Making classic rock anthems relevant again has been just one of the accomplishments of this movie franchise.
Hire an Experienced DJ to Spin the Right Tunes at Your 2019 Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is a San Diego DJ with over 12 years of experience getting reception guests on the dancefloor. From classic hits to the latest trends, he has all the music you want and need at your wedding. To book your wedding entertainment, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote via the website.
Let’s face it; a corporate holiday party can be pretty boring. Most people make an appearance to either glad-hand some of the execs or drink on the company’s dollar. But you have the opportunity to make this year’s corporate special event different. Hiring the right corporate events DJ can turn a boring party into an extravaganza that employees look forward to all year long.
Why an Ordinary DJ Won’t Do
There are a few mistakes that your average DJ is going to make at a corporate party.
- Jump in with both feet – You have to warm up a corporate party. This isn’t a group of people who have been friends for life. It takes a little while for things to get going and a real pro can help loosen people up.
- Limited music range – Not only do you need a wide array of music to appeal to a diverse group of people, but you also don’t want your DJ having to tell person after person that they don’t have a song that has been requested.
- They make excuses – If the dance floor is empty and no one is having a good time, the average DJ is going to blame it on the crowd. It’s always up to the DJ to get the party started.
The DJ for Your San Diego Corporate Party
DJ Mikey Beats wants to make this year’s office holiday party one for the record books. To get started, contact Mikey directly by calling 858.270.2195 or call SGM Events and dial extension 3. You can also request a quote online.
Are you planning a wedding in the San Diego area? Here a few reasons that you need to hire a professional wedding DJ rather than relying on one of your friends to play music from his iPhone.
- Selection – A pro DJ is going to have a ton of songs, especially all the best choices for getting people on the dance floor.
- Ability – This is what a professional DJ does. If an amateur is dealing with a tough crowd, the party could be a total bust, but a pro will know how to save the evening.
- Equipment – Pros have professional equipment. You will get the right sound quality (not just volume) so that everyone can really enjoy the music experience.
- Professionalism – A professional DJ will dress appropriately for your wedding and will maintain the right decorum for you and your guests. The goal is to add to your special night, not to attract all the attention to himself.
- Peace of Mind – If you hire a professional, you don’t have to worry about whether things will be done right. It’s your big day – you shouldn’t have to be concerned with anything but having a blast with your family and friends.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
If you are planning a wedding in southern California, DJ Mikey Beats wants to help make your day even more special. To ensure the music goes smoothly on your big day and that everyone has a great time, just leave it to Mikey. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more, or you can get a quote online.
A Wedding on the Bay
The Dana on Mission Bay is a venue I typically am a wedding DJ at 3-6 weddings a year. Every time I show up, I am greeted by the staff with warm hand shakes and high fives. Adrienne who does the event sales and some coordination is my homie and she does a fantastic job. She is the perfect combination of fun and friendly but on point and hard working. Anytime we are on the same program, all will be executed to the fullest.
Roscoe and Erica picked a gorgeous bayside wedding venue, The Dana on Mission Bay. Wanting to have the dance floor packed with everyone having a great time was also on their priority list. They also wanted to make sure that the Dj had club experience and could pay their preferred style of music. I was for sure up to the task. When they decided to hire me for my wedding Dj services I paid extra close attention to the music they wanted to hear.
Hip Hop Wedding
When we got down to the music selections Roscoe wanted to make sure that the music earlier in the day and night were geared towards the older crowd. Later in the night he wanted me to switch over to hip hop and newer music. Back when I started DJing, Hip Hop was the primary genre I played. I got very excited to drop some hip hop at this wedding.
Everything went super smooth and there were huge smiles from everyone in the crowd. The dance floor was packed early in the open dancing and continued to stay that way throughout the night. “24k” by Bruno Mars was probably the hit of the night with everyone dancing together on the floor. We ended on a high note with Ice Cube’s “It was a Good Day.”
Get a Quote