You want your wedding to be perfect, so that means learning from the mistakes of others who have come before you. When it is time to choose a wedding DJ, here are some of the big mistakes that you want to avoid.
- Not hiring a professional – Not everyone who calls themselves a professional DJ has pro sound equipment and an extensive playlist. Anyone who has been paid to DJ can say he’s a pro. You need to do a little research online to learn about your DJ.
- Waiting to hire a DJ – As soon as your wedding date is set, you should be submitting your booking inquiry. In fact, if you have your heart set on a specific DJ, you may want to make sure your day is open before you book with the venue.
- Leaving all the music decisions up to the DJ – Once everyone hits the dance floor, a pro DJ (especially one with club experience) will be able to read the room and keep the crowd going for the rest of the evening. But when it comes to processional music, your first dance, and any other special dances that you want throughout the evening, you should be making the choices. You should also have lists of songs that you specifically do and don’t want to have played.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Special Day
DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you make your big day one for the record books. For booking inquiries, you can call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
When you hire a DJ for your wedding, you want to be sure you are getting the full package. What should your DJ be providing? Be sure to ask about these four things:
- DJ Equipment – If your DJ doesn’t have his own professional sound equipment, he’s not a real DJ. Depending on the size of the venue and the number of guests, you may need a different speaker set up, so be sure to discuss this in advance.
- Lighting – Dance floor lighting is essential. Your venue may already have some lights for the dance floor. Either way, you should discuss this with your DJ. Ask what is included and if there are any lighting add-ons that you may prefer.
- Custom Announcements – Besides just DJing, you may want your professional DJ to make some announcements for you. Or you may want to be able to use the sound equipment to make some announcements yourself or for speeches/toasts. Discuss this in advance with your wedding DJ.
- Insurance – Some venues require that your vendors provide an insurance certificate. If this is the case, you should ask your DJ. This is also an excellent way to find out if your DJ is a professional since pros understand the importance of having liability coverage.
Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is one of the premier wedding DJs in the San Diego area. Book your event now to ensure availability. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online today.
If you’ve been to a club lately, you probably notice that many of the best songs to dance to contain explicit lyrics. However, you may want to find other songs to play at your wedding reception. Here are three reasons to have your wedding DJ avoid music with explicit lyrics at your reception.
- Kids – If there are going to be any children invited to the wedding, music with explicit lyrics will be a big no-no. While some parents may not care what type of music their children listen to, you shouldn’t be making the decision for all of the parents in attendance at the wedding. If you invite families, the assumption will be that the reception is going to be family friendly.
- Your parents – Your parents may have grown up during the time when explicit lyrics labels were just beginning to be placed on music for the first time. In this case, they are probably more sensitive to the lyrics of music than the modern generation. You want your entire family to be able to enjoy their evening.
- Your grandparents – Are grandma and grandpa still around to see your big day? Then the last thing you want is for them to feel like they were not considered when the wedding arrangements were made. You don’t need to stick completely to older styles of music, but there should be a good mix. At the very least, you can avoid songs with language that will shock the older generation.
A San Diego DJ for All Types of Weddings
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get the best music selection so that you can hear the songs you want and meet the diverse needs of your wedding guests. You also get top of the line sound equipment and an experienced wedding DJ. Call 858.270.2195 to book today, or you can get a quote online.
Hiring a professional DJ can help your wedding to be smoother from start to finish. However, you have to ask the right questions to make sure the DJ you are about to hire can handle everything you need. Here are a few important questions to ask your wedding DJ well before the big day.
- What role will you play on the wedding day? – This is important because you want to be sure that you are on the same page regarding responsibilities. Some wedding DJs treat it just like being at the club. They show up for the reception and keep people on the dancefloor. Others are willing to help from start to finish including playing music for guests as they arrive at the ceremony, playing the songs for the bridal party and bride to walk down the aisle, offering pre-dinner music, making PA equipment available for announcements, speeches or toasts, playing the first dance, and then getting people out on the dance floor.
- What do you intend to wear? – This shouldn’t even be a question, right? It’s a wedding. A pro should be dressed like a wedding guest in a nice suit. Don’t wait until the day of your wedding to find out that the DJ shows up in a flannel shirt, ripped jeans, and a pair of Converse sneakers. Some DJs have a loose definition of the word professional.
- Do you take requests? – Your DJ should be willing to take requests from the guests, but within reason of course. If a song is on the “do not play list” or is not appropriate for the dance floor, a good job should politely deny the request and always ask if there is something else they would like to request.
The Right DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is the professional wedding DJ that you want entertaining your guests. For booking, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
It’s your magical day. Surrounded by friends and family, you get to tie the knot with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It’s time to party! But to do it right, you have to hire the right wedding DJ. Here are a few tips to help you make a great choice.
- Don’t let one of your friends or family members do it – Your wedding isn’t the time to hire an amateur. You can let your cousin DJ your summer BBQ.
- Ask about equipment – Is it clear and powerful? Can you use the PA system for announcements or speeches?
- Ask about music – Are you allowed to have a must-play or a do-not-play list? Are all of the genres you want to hear represented well?
- Does he have experience? – You definitely want someone with wedding DJ experience, but other experience is beneficial as well. For example, has the DJ played clubs or corporate events? You want to be sure your entertainer has experience playing to different types of audiences so you know that he can read a room well.
- Check reviews – Anyone can have one or two haters, but you want to hire a DJ who gets 5-star reviews from almost every client.
DJ Mikey Beats Is the Wedding DJ You Need
DJ Mike Beats is an experienced wedding, corporate, and club DJ with great sound equipment and a huge selection of music. To book your event and start working on a playlist, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can start out by getting a quote online.
People have some pretty wild ideas when it comes to wedding DJs. Here are a few myths that surround this profession:
- Wedding DJs don’t like requests – I love requests and here’s why; some songs could be family favorites but did not make it on the play list and sometimes the bride and groom don’t take into consideration what the guests want to hear. Certain songs can be anthems at family parties and can really make precious moments at weddings. I love speaking with family members because I can get to know the family history and express it through music. With all the decisions the bride and groom need to make in organizing a wedding, sometimes the music details aren’t expressed. This is why I love requests.
- If you’ve heard one DJ, you’ve heard them all – All DJs have their own unique experience and strengths. For a wedding, you want a professional wedding DJ, but also someone with mixed experienced such as in clubs to ensure that the entertainment will fit any audience.
- Anyone can DJ your wedding – I guess if you don’t care about the music or how much fun your guests have, this is true. But if you want your reception to be the bash of the century, then you need to hire a professional, not have someone stand in the corner with an iPhone and a “wedding beats” playlist.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Big Day
DJ Mikey Beats has experience with weddings, clubs, and even in the corporate sector. He brings along his own unique personality and professional sound equipment to make sure that your wedding guests have the time of their lives and remember your special day forever. To hire DJ Mikey, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You want it to be perfect, but you also don’t want to start out your marriage with tons of debt or by spending all of your wedding gifts in advance. Here are a few smart ways to save money at your wedding without sacrificing the quality of this important life event.
- Get married on a Friday or Sunday – You may dream about the perfect wedding dress, the best wedding cake, or even the right wedding venue. But very few people dream about having a Saturday wedding. Saturday’s are just a popular wedding day, and so you automatically pay more for the venue and many vendors. By getting married on a Friday or a Sunday, you sacrifice almost nothing to save a ton of money.
- Send electronic invites – Most people throw away paper invites anyway, and you may still end up having to call half the people on your list. You can save a bunch of money by sending electronic invites, and only print invites for the guests who matter most or the few who don’t have an email address. Just remember to save one paper copy for your wedding album.
- Hire a professional wedding DJ – Since a DJ is one person, it’s a lot cheaper than paying for a full band. But you don’t sacrifice quality like you do if you just have someone playing music from their smartphone.
San Diego’s Premier Wedding DJ
Hire DJ Mikey Beats to get the best professional DJ equipment and an experienced DJ with a great selection of music. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
The music is an important aspect of wedding festivities for most couples and their guests. So how can you be sure that your reception is one to remember? Here are some tips from a professional wedding DJ to help you have better music at your wedding.
- Hire a pro – Don’t let someone DJ your wedding from a smartphone with a Bluetooth speaker. You get poor sound quality and amateur music selection (just to quickly name a couple of the problems).
- Have a must-play list – If there are songs that you absolutely have to hear throughout the evening, this is the time to let your DJ know so that they are definitely on the list.
- Have a do-not-play list – This is just as important. You don’t want a song you hate played at your wedding because someone requested it.
- Choosing processional songs and your first dance – The timing is just as important as the melody with these songs, so make sure that you have a song that hits a crescendo at just the right moment for the bride to walk down the aisle and a first dance that doesn’t leave you out on the dance floor for an embarrassingly long time.
San Diego Based Professional Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats is a professional wedding DJ based in the San Diego area. If you want professional equipment, high-quality music, and the experience of a club DJ, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
Are you looking for inspiration when it comes to your first dance? Here are some of the songs that famous and powerful people from around the world have danced to at their own wedding.
- Royals Prince William and Kate Middleton stuck to a classic ballad from Sir Elton John, “Your Song”.
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose American soul artist Donny Hathaway for their first dance. The song was titled “A Song for You”.
- What do you dance to when you run the most successful social media site in the world? Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan chose “Last Day on Earth” by Green Day as their first dance.
- What do you have your first dance to when you marry Paul McCartney? One of his songs, of course! When Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell tied the knot, they danced to “My Valentine”.
- Speaking of dancing to your own songs, Jay Z and Beyoncé had their first dance to “Crazy in Love”.
- Michael Bublé and Luisana Lopilato danced to a great crooner track – just not one of his. They chose Dean Martin’s “Everybody Loves Somebody”.
Have Your First Dance Played by a Pro
DJ Mikey Beats is happy to spin the first song and all the other tunes you want at your wedding. With an experienced wedding and club DJ, your guests are sure to have a great time. Don’t forget to have your must play list and do not play list ready, so you have creative control.
For inquiries, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
The first dance is one of the most special moments at a wedding reception and celebrates the happy couple. What other dances should you think about that may apply to your wedding? Here are four types of dances you may want to consider.
- Father-daughter – This can be a great way to let daddy and his little girl have a special moment at the wedding. Alternatively, you may have a stepfather-daughter, grandfather-granddaughter, or even a godfather-daughter dance depending on the family makeup.
- Mother-son – You don’t have to be a momma’s boy to want a special dance with mom. Again, this can apply in stepfamilies or even when mom is a godmother or grandmother who raised the groom.
- Anniversary dance – This a great way to get all of the married couples on the dancefloor at once. The professional wedding DJ will gradually cut down the number of couples on the floor, starting with eliminating anyone married less than a day (you guys already got your dance). Everyone can applaud the last couple standing and maybe even get them to share a few tips for making a marriage last.
- Line dancing – Even people who shy away from the dancefloor may get up for a popular line dance. Even if this isn’t your thing, you may want to consider one or two for people who will only go to the dancefloor if they already know the steps.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats serves the southern California area and beyond, providing professional equipment and experience that you want at your wedding ceremony and reception. From the right songs for all of your special dances to professional PA equipment that will make sure the speeches and toasts are easy to hear and understand, DJ Mikey is your guy. Call 858.270.2195 for direct booking, or you can request a quote online.