One of the parts of the evening where entertainment for the guests often gets forgotten about is the cocktail hour. After all, the wedding party may be off getting pictures taken during this time, so the only person who could be looking after your guests is your DJ, and he needs to know what he’s doing. Here are some of the best ways to entertain your guests while they mingle and wait for your arrival.
- The 70s – The 70s offer us a lot of great music to choose from for a cocktail hour. You can go with easy listening music for an older crowd or just to support conversation. Soft rock can take the mood up just a little bit more with hits from classic artists like Elton John and Queen.
- The 80s – The 80s give you a lot of great options. From 80s pop music to funk to the emerging alternative genre and bands like REM and Jane’s Addiction, there are a lot of different directions the 80s can take you.
- The 90s – The 90s saw a revolution in music, and while there is plenty of great pop music to choose from, R&B music was brought out of the club and into the mainstream. Mary J Blige, SWV, and TLC may be just the background music for a wedding audience in their 30s and 40s who grew up with these tunes.
San Diego Wedding DJ Services You Can Rely On
DJ Mikey Beats can take care of your wedding guests from the ceremony and the procession right through the cocktail hour and on into the evening. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
Having a conversation with your prospective wedding DJ is a good way to know if he is the real deal or just another amateur masquerading as a pro. Here are a few things that your professional wedding DJ should be happy to discuss with you.
- The type of music you enjoy/want to have played – It’s your wedding, so while the DJ may make some decisions as to what to play next for the mood of the audience, you should be at the helm, determining the types of music you enjoy and want to hear on your special day.
- The type of music you would like to avoid – In fact, you may want to go one step further and have a list of songs that you absolutely do not want to have played. This could keep there from being some tension if a guest decides to request a song that you don’t want to hear.
- Pronunciation of wedding party names – The last thing you want is for someone in your wedding party to have to enter the reception to a butchered announcement. Of course, you may also want to have someone you know personal making the introductions, in which case what you really need to discuss is whether you can use the DJ’s equipment for the announcements.
The Best DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
Of course, there are plenty of other things to discuss with your DJ, and we don’t have time to review them all here. What you really need to know is that DJ Mikey Beats can be the professional wedding DJ you are looking for in the San Diego area. For booking information, call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online.
You want your wedding to be perfect, so that means learning from the mistakes of others who have come before you. When it is time to choose a wedding DJ, here are some of the big mistakes that you want to avoid.
- Not hiring a professional – Not everyone who calls themselves a professional DJ has pro sound equipment and an extensive playlist. Anyone who has been paid to DJ can say he’s a pro. You need to do a little research online to learn about your DJ.
- Waiting to hire a DJ – As soon as your wedding date is set, you should be submitting your booking inquiry. In fact, if you have your heart set on a specific DJ, you may want to make sure your day is open before you book with the venue.
- Leaving all the music decisions up to the DJ – Once everyone hits the dance floor, a pro DJ (especially one with club experience) will be able to read the room and keep the crowd going for the rest of the evening. But when it comes to processional music, your first dance, and any other special dances that you want throughout the evening, you should be making the choices. You should also have lists of songs that you specifically do and don’t want to have played.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Special Day
DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you make your big day one for the record books. For booking inquiries, you can call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
When you hire a DJ for your wedding, you want to be sure you are getting the full package. What should your DJ be providing? Be sure to ask about these four things:
- DJ Equipment – If your DJ doesn’t have his own professional sound equipment, he’s not a real DJ. Depending on the size of the venue and the number of guests, you may need a different speaker set up, so be sure to discuss this in advance.
- Lighting – Dance floor lighting is essential. Your venue may already have some lights for the dance floor. Either way, you should discuss this with your DJ. Ask what is included and if there are any lighting add-ons that you may prefer.
- Custom Announcements – Besides just DJing, you may want your professional DJ to make some announcements for you. Or you may want to be able to use the sound equipment to make some announcements yourself or for speeches/toasts. Discuss this in advance with your wedding DJ.
- Insurance – Some venues require that your vendors provide an insurance certificate. If this is the case, you should ask your DJ. This is also an excellent way to find out if your DJ is a professional since pros understand the importance of having liability coverage.
Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is one of the premier wedding DJs in the San Diego area. Book your event now to ensure availability. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online today.
If you’ve been to a club lately, you probably notice that many of the best songs to dance to contain explicit lyrics. However, you may want to find other songs to play at your wedding reception. Here are three reasons to have your wedding DJ avoid music with explicit lyrics at your reception.
- Kids – If there are going to be any children invited to the wedding, music with explicit lyrics will be a big no-no. While some parents may not care what type of music their children listen to, you shouldn’t be making the decision for all of the parents in attendance at the wedding. If you invite families, the assumption will be that the reception is going to be family friendly.
- Your parents – Your parents may have grown up during the time when explicit lyrics labels were just beginning to be placed on music for the first time. In this case, they are probably more sensitive to the lyrics of music than the modern generation. You want your entire family to be able to enjoy their evening.
- Your grandparents – Are grandma and grandpa still around to see your big day? Then the last thing you want is for them to feel like they were not considered when the wedding arrangements were made. You don’t need to stick completely to older styles of music, but there should be a good mix. At the very least, you can avoid songs with language that will shock the older generation.
A San Diego DJ for All Types of Weddings
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get the best music selection so that you can hear the songs you want and meet the diverse needs of your wedding guests. You also get top of the line sound equipment and an experienced wedding DJ. Call 858.270.2195 to book today, or you can get a quote online.
Hiring a professional DJ can help your wedding to be smoother from start to finish. However, you have to ask the right questions to make sure the DJ you are about to hire can handle everything you need. Here are a few important questions to ask your wedding DJ well before the big day.
- What role will you play on the wedding day? – This is important because you want to be sure that you are on the same page regarding responsibilities. Some wedding DJs treat it just like being at the club. They show up for the reception and keep people on the dancefloor. Others are willing to help from start to finish including playing music for guests as they arrive at the ceremony, playing the songs for the bridal party and bride to walk down the aisle, offering pre-dinner music, making PA equipment available for announcements, speeches or toasts, playing the first dance, and then getting people out on the dance floor.
- What do you intend to wear? – This shouldn’t even be a question, right? It’s a wedding. A pro should be dressed like a wedding guest in a nice suit. Don’t wait until the day of your wedding to find out that the DJ shows up in a flannel shirt, ripped jeans, and a pair of Converse sneakers. Some DJs have a loose definition of the word professional.
- Do you take requests? – Your DJ should be willing to take requests from the guests, but within reason of course. If a song is on the “do not play list” or is not appropriate for the dance floor, a good job should politely deny the request and always ask if there is something else they would like to request.
The Right DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is the professional wedding DJ that you want entertaining your guests. For booking, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
If you have a corporate event coming up, whether it is a product release, a corporate retreat, or a holiday party, you want to have the right entertainment. How can you hire the best entertainer for your next corporate event?
- Determine what sort of entertainment you need – Of course, this is the perfect place for me to plug hiring a DJ (do it!), but you may have other ideas in mind for your corporate event. Just be sure that your entertainer is a professional and has experience with corporate events.
- Book well in advance – This will ensure that you get the best talent. It’s not that you can’t catch a break and have a good DJ available on short notice, but do you really want the quality of your entertainment to rely on being lucky? Not in the business world.
- Find someone with varied experience – You want a DJ with corporate experience, but experience with events like weddings or at clubs is also important. This shows that your DJ knows how to read all sorts of audiences so as to provide the best experience for your event guests.
Southern California’s Corporate Event DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to make your next corporate event memorable for all the right reasons. Mikey has the right experience, sound equipment, music, and personality. Call today at 858.270.2195 or get a quote online. It’s time to turn the same old boring corporate event into an extravaganza, and DJ Mikey Beats is the man to do it.
The live entertainment can be a key component of your corporate event. It can help to get people hyped up for your product release, announcement, or another event type, and it can ensure that you have the right sound equipment in place for speeches or announcements. Here are a few tips from a professional corporate DJ to help you make good decisions.
- Hire a professional corporate DJ with experience – This should seem obvious for a corporation that is trying to make a name for itself and increase brand awareness. However, in an effort to pinch a few pennies on the budget, some companies have made the mistake of hiring someone with little to no experience in the corporate world.
- Make sure you have some creative control – You are hiring a pro so that you know he can read a room and choose the right songs. But you may also have some songs in mind for introductions and things of that nature. You may also have some songs that you definitely don’t want to be played. Make sure your DJ is willing to work with you.
- Check out the sound equipment – Professional equipment should do more than just play crystal clear music. It should also have a great PA quality so that you can speak to your audience, make any necessary announcements, and even provide direction in the rare case of an emergency.
A San Diego Based Professional Corporate DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be your corporate DJ. With over 12 years as a corporate, wedding, and club DJ, you know you are getting the experience and sound equipment that your special event needs. For more information, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
It’s your magical day. Surrounded by friends and family, you get to tie the knot with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It’s time to party! But to do it right, you have to hire the right wedding DJ. Here are a few tips to help you make a great choice.
- Don’t let one of your friends or family members do it – Your wedding isn’t the time to hire an amateur. You can let your cousin DJ your summer BBQ.
- Ask about equipment – Is it clear and powerful? Can you use the PA system for announcements or speeches?
- Ask about music – Are you allowed to have a must-play or a do-not-play list? Are all of the genres you want to hear represented well?
- Does he have experience? – You definitely want someone with wedding DJ experience, but other experience is beneficial as well. For example, has the DJ played clubs or corporate events? You want to be sure your entertainer has experience playing to different types of audiences so you know that he can read a room well.
- Check reviews – Anyone can have one or two haters, but you want to hire a DJ who gets 5-star reviews from almost every client.
DJ Mikey Beats Is the Wedding DJ You Need
DJ Mike Beats is an experienced wedding, corporate, and club DJ with great sound equipment and a huge selection of music. To book your event and start working on a playlist, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can start out by getting a quote online.
If you are planning a special event in the San Diego area, whether it is an anniversary party, birthday party, or the like, then you should be thinking about hiring a professional DJ. Why is a professional DJ an important aspect of any private event? Here are 5 reasons:
- Better music – A pro DJ is going to have a great selection of songs.
- Superior sound equipment – Pros can afford the best, and that means you get great speakers for your music but also a top-notch PA system for announcements, toasts, and speeches.
- Talent – Professional DJs know how to keep a crowd happy and mix a great playlist on the fly.
- Professional disposition – A professional DJ is going to dress and act the part. He will also know how much to turn up his personality to ensure everyone is having fun without distracting from the main center of attention, the person or couple whom the party is for.
- Reliability – A professional will arrive early, have all the songs on your must-play list, will remember not to play the songs on your do-not-play list, and will be packed up and ready to go when you need to be out of the venue.
Hire a Professional DJ for your Private Event in the San Diego Area
DJ Mikey Beats brings the professionalism that you want at your private event. For the best music, sound equipment, and DJing talent, call DJ Mikey today at 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.