Do you want to have a father-daughter dance on your special day but are having trouble coming up with ideas? Here are a few popular hits from a variety of genres.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations – If your dad is into oldies, this a great way to give him a special dance with his little girl.
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland – It’s the perfect country song for a dad, and the lyrics will probably express a lot of what he’s thinking, even if you’re not really into country music.
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion – If you want your dad to know that the person you are today has everything to do with him, Celine Dion may be the perfect artist to say it for you while you’re on the dance floor.
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you want to stick to the oldies but avoid lyrics that are as directly linked to a father-daughter relationship, this may be just the song you’ve been searching for.
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder – Stevie may have intended this as a romantic song, but the idea of a dad who will always be there is so rare in the modern world, this song matches up with what every girl hopes for from her dad.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your Wedding
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get access to all of the best songs, and you get to be in control of the content. Sure Mikey will curate the playlist to keep your friends and family on the dance floor, but you can choose must-play songs, do-not-play songs, and express your musical tastes. Call 858.270.2195 today for a booking inquiry or get a quote online.