Sometimes it is easier to select a song for the procession of the bride than for the rest of the wedding party. Would you like a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing before you meet with a professional wedding DJ? Here are 6 of the most requested songs for the procession of the bridal party.
- Jack Johnson: Better Together – This song provides a little bit of an upbeat tempo for the bridal party, while still delivering a sweet acoustic feel.
- Beatles: In My Life – The guitar cover by Fred Benedetti & Peter Pupping is a great way to lead into a procession of the bride that features a version of Here Comes the Sun.
- Train: Marry Me – Train isn’t usually known for acoustic ballads, but this one has been popular at weddings since the moment it released.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D – This is popular for the bridal party and the bride. If you choose it for the bridal party, try a version by the Lumiere String Quartet or Gypsy Flamenco Masters for a Spanish guitar version.
- Journey: Faithfully – The original may not scream bridal party procession, but the cover by United Guitar Players sure does.
- Jason Mraz: I’m Yours – The Stringspace Space Quartet does a great cover of this song that can be used for the bridal party.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
If you are planning a wedding in Southern California, DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you throw the party of your life. To get your celebration started, call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
You’ve waited your whole life for this, and now it is finally time to take your turn walking down the aisle to get married. While you may already have a procession song in mind, and there is nothing wrong with marching to the beat of your own drum, there is a reason why popular songs are popular. Here are some of the most requested wedding ceremony songs.
- The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun – Whether you get married in the summer or winter, you want to be the sunlight of your new groom’s life. Maybe that is why many brides choose Here Comes the Sun as their bridal procession song. For a nice twist on a classic song, you can try versions recorded by Daisuke Minamizawa, United Guitar Players, Vitamin String Quarter, or Stringspace.
- The Piano Guys: The Cello Song – Based on a Bach song that is considered one of the greatest cello songs of all time, The Piano Guys put their own spin on it by playing 8 cellos.
- Christina Perri: A Thousand Years – Everyone who gets married dreams of the bliss lasting forever. Maybe that’s why A Thousand Years feels so right when you are walking up to take your eternal vows. If you want a different spin on this modern classic, try versions by Boyce Avenue, Jun Sung Ahn, The Piano Guys, or Neena Goh.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D – This is another classical tune that resonates with many brides, and there are plenty of exciting versions to choose from so you can maintain an original feel or something more modern.
Hire the Right DJ for Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats knows and has all of the top procession of the bride songs. No matter what your musical tastes may be, your wedding ceremony and reception need the right DJ, so call 858.270.2195 to book a true professional today, or you can get a quote online.
Couples are always taking a look ahead when it comes to planning a wedding. What is in store when it comes to wedding music in 2019? One thing that may be about to catch on is more wedding music coming from soundtracks.
The Soundtrack Phenomenon
This isn’t the first-time soundtracks have been a big deal in music. From Whitney Houston’s contributions to The Bodyguard soundtrack to Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On from the Titanic soundtrack, songs from movies and musicals have been played at weddings for years. What movies or shows are bringing back the trend in 2019?
- The Greatest Showman – Songs from this movie have been popping up all over, and with new renditions from popular artists emerging, the popularity of these songs won’t die down anytime soon.
- Bohemian Rhapsody – The Freddy Mercury biopic has brought Queen back into the spotlight.
- Moana – Lin Manuel Miranda is having quite the decade, and the longevity of the soundtrack to this kids’ film is a testament to his musical
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Making classic rock anthems relevant again has been just one of the accomplishments of this movie franchise.
Hire an Experienced DJ to Spin the Right Tunes at Your 2019 Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is a San Diego DJ with over 12 years of experience getting reception guests on the dancefloor. From classic hits to the latest trends, he has all the music you want and need at your wedding. To book your wedding entertainment, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote via the website.
Are you planning a wedding in the San Diego area? Here a few reasons that you need to hire a professional wedding DJ rather than relying on one of your friends to play music from his iPhone.
- Selection – A pro DJ is going to have a ton of songs, especially all the best choices for getting people on the dance floor.
- Ability – This is what a professional DJ does. If an amateur is dealing with a tough crowd, the party could be a total bust, but a pro will know how to save the evening.
- Equipment – Pros have professional equipment. You will get the right sound quality (not just volume) so that everyone can really enjoy the music experience.
- Professionalism – A professional DJ will dress appropriately for your wedding and will maintain the right decorum for you and your guests. The goal is to add to your special night, not to attract all the attention to himself.
- Peace of Mind – If you hire a professional, you don’t have to worry about whether things will be done right. It’s your big day – you shouldn’t have to be concerned with anything but having a blast with your family and friends.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
If you are planning a wedding in southern California, DJ Mikey Beats wants to help make your day even more special. To ensure the music goes smoothly on your big day and that everyone has a great time, just leave it to Mikey. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more, or you can get a quote online.