It is your big day, but you want to make your wedding guests as happy as possible too. How can make sure your guests are well cared for at your ceremony and reception? Here are a few tips to ensure that everyone is happy and remembers your special day for all the right reasons.
- Welcome refreshments (usually non-alcoholic although people love to booze early) – This is especially important on a hot day where the ceremony area is exposed to direct sunlight. Sunscreen and/or parasols are another great comfort to have on a hot, sunny day. Providing info about the area is a nice bonus. It can be refined to have a schedule of events, important people such as the parents of the B&G, bridal party names, and of course the names of the B&G.
- Be on time – No one likes sitting around waiting, even when it is for the bride and groom. Set times for the ceremony, reception, and dinner to begin and then stick to it.
- Feed them well – From the cocktail hour to the final snacks at the end of the evening, make sure all of the food is good. People often remember a good meal, even if they can’t tell you exactly what they had.
- The right mix of music – From timeless music that makes everyone feel good to that modern hit that gets all the young people out on the dancefloor, you want to have the right blend of tunes to keep the event lively. That means hiring the right wedding DJ.
The Best San Diego DJ Services
To make sure everyone has a great time at your wedding, hire the best wedding DJ in San Diego. DJ Mikey Beats wants to help your wedding guests smile from ear to ear. Call today at 858.270.2195, or request a quote online.
Music plays a key role in both the wedding ceremony and the reception. Today, we are going to take a look at a few of the most common music mistakes that couples make when it comes to the reception.
- Not leaving setup time – Speak with your DJ in advance to see how much setup time is needed (it will probably be less if he is familiar with the venue). Then ensure that you have the venue early enough for the DJ to set up properly before guests begin to arrive.
- Drowning out conversation – A professional wedding DJ should be able to moderate the volume so those on the dance floor are pumped up while the guests who are talking can hear each other. Seating older ones who are unlikely to dance further from the DJ is also a good idea.
- Selecting a marathon first-dance – Ultimately, everyone gets uncomfortable when a first-dance goes on and on, including the bride and groom. Unless you’ve choreographed a full performance to entertain your guests, try to keep the song time under five minutes. There’s nothing wrong with a three-minute song either. Your photographer will still have plenty of time to grab some great pics.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ
If you want to work with a real professional who can help your wedding music to go smoothly, then you want DJ Mikey Beats in your corner. To request one of the hottest wedding DJs in southern California, call 858.270.2195, or get a quote online.
While the wedding is all about the happy couple, you want your guests to have a good time too. How can you keep the evening exciting for everyone, while still doing everything you want to do on your big day? Here are a few tips.
- Maintain the schedule – Start the ceremony on time and be sure to have the meal on time. Those are the biggest deadlines to hit if you want the evening to move at a good pace. Know when other events like toasts and the cake cutting are supposed to occur, so everyone isn’t standing around while the bride or groom is in the bathroom.
- Choose the right venue – Make sure there is plenty of space and ambiance for guests. Sufficient bathrooms also help everyone to feel comfortable.
- Plan the speeches – If you are going to have speeches, make sure there is a time limit, so they don’t drag on. Choose the speakers wisely and ensure that there is a microphone so everyone can hear what is said.
- Hire the right entertainment – Hiring a professional wedding DJ can make sure that everyone is having a great time, even after the happy couple makes an early exit to go on their honeymoon.
San Diego’s Experienced Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats, based out of San Diego, is an experienced wedding and club DJ. If you want your guests to have a great time, having a DJ who can take a backseat to the bride and groom but still work the crowd is a must. Call 858.270.2195 today for booking inquiries, or you can get a quote online.
Everyone wants their friends and family to have a great time at their wedding, but it can be difficult to know how to make the evening a fun event for everyone. Here are a few tips to help you meet the expectations of your guests.
- Plan the seating arrangements well – Put older guests who will just want to talk at the furthest table from the DJ. Put the singles together to let them mix. Avoid putting feuding family members at the same table.
- Have great party favors – Make it something your guests can use right there during the evening rather than favors they will take home and store in a drawer with all the other wedding favors they’ve received over the years.
- Keep toasts brief (or skip them altogether) – Toasts can get boring and slow down the evening. Limit them to no more than three minutes each, don’t have too many, and don’t choose toasters who are unwilling to rehearse ahead of time. Your wedding is not the time to wing it.
- Hire the right wedding DJ – An experienced wedding DJ with professional equipment can get wedding guests of all ages out on the dance floor and having a good time.
The San Diego DJ to Amp Up the Fun at Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats wants to make sure everyone at your wedding has a great evening celebrating your new family. Get on the calendar today by calling 858.270.2195, or get in touch online by submitting the online contact form.
Wedding toasts can range from being one of the most beautiful moments at the reception to being a stain you wish you could erase from the evening. Here are a few tips to help your wedding toasts go smoothly.
- Remind everyone giving toasts that they should be family-friendly and prepared in advance to ensure they are under three minutes.
- Request that those giving the toasts write them out on note cards. This will keep anyone from winging it and can eliminate the problems that occur when the notes are digital and the phone interferes with the sound equipment.
- Make sure the videographer knows when and where the toasts will take place so they can be in position to record.
- Keep toasts to a minimum at the wedding. If you have other people who want to say something, they can do it at the rehearsal dinner.
- Talk to your DJ in advance about using his PA system. It’s going to be much better than anything they have at the venue.
Plan the Perfect Wedding Toasts
DJ Mikey Beats wants to help your reception go smoothly so you and your guests can all enjoy yourselves. Just communicate what you need as far as microphones are concerned and leave the rest to this experienced wedding DJ. When you want phenomenal sound equipment and a DJ with real wedding and club experience, DJ Mikey is your guy. Call 858.270.2195 for booking inquiries, or you can get a quote online.
When it comes to your big day, you don’t want to leave anything up to chance, and that includes the quality of your wedding DJ. So how can you make sure that you are hiring the best person for the job? Here are a few questions to ask your wedding DJ.
- How much will it cost? – A professional wedding DJ won’t be cheap, and this isn’t somewhere you want to skimp. At the same time, this is when you can try to find out about hidden fees and make sure your DJ is an honest person.
- How early do you need to set up? – A DJ with no setup time doesn’t have the right equipment. But a DJ who needs too much setup time is probably inexperienced. Plus, you may not have your venue that long before the event begins.
- Has the DJ ever played at the venue? – If the answer is no, it’s not a deal-breaker. But a yes means that he already knows where the outlets are around the dancefloor and things of that nature. An experienced DJ has played under enough circumstances to set up just about anywhere or at least has the presence of mind to contact the venue in advance.
A Professional San Diego DJ with Wedding and Club Experience
Mixed wedding and club experience is what you should be looking for in a DJ, and DJ Mikey Beats has both. Call 858.270.2195 today to get the party started, or you can get a quote online.
Your wedding DJ is going to be the primary entertainer for the evening, but it is still your special day. So how can you hire the right person to ensure that everyone has a great time but the DJ isn’t an attention hog? Here are a few tips.
- Read online reviews – People give away a lot of good information in reviews, even if they don’t know what you’re going to want to hear about. Clients will complain if the DJ steals the show and does nothing but talk. A DJ who lets the music do the talking will have a lot of great reviews, and someone is sure to mention that he knew when to stay quiet.
- Discuss the volume – A pro should be able to read a room and know the right volume to play music at, but if you have a preference, you should feel free to discuss it beforehand, and you should feel like you are being heard. A good idea is to seat elderly ones away from the DJ so they can enjoy conversation in a quieter part of the room.
- Check out the equipment – You want to be sure your DJ has good sound equipment, a reputation for being early enough to set up properly, and a willingness to work with you if someone wants to give a speech or sing a song.
The Most Professional San Diego Wedding DJ Services
Couples love DJ Mikey Beats. He gets the crowd going while keeping himself in the background and letting you be front and center. For a booking inquiry, call 858.270.2195, or get a quote online.
You want all of your friends to be up on the dance floor having a memorable time at your wedding. So how can you make sure your playlist will get them out there? The first step is to hire the right wedding DJ, someone who can read the crowd and curate the tunes perfectly. However, you also want to play an active role in selecting songs for the playlist. Here are a few tips:
- Base your decisions on experience – What songs get everyone out on the dance floor at your friends’ weddings? Since you may have a lot of the same people at your reception, you know a few songs that really work.
- Crowdsource – Send out an email blast to the guest list and ask for requests in advance. Be sure to play the songs that get the most requests.
- Do a Google search – You can search for things like “Top Wedding Songs of 2019” and then play the songs to see if you like them.
- Ask your DJ – You may be able to provide genres instead of individual songs and let your DJ make a few of the executive choices throughout the evening. Perhaps you can prepare a list of songs you definitely do not want to have played, so those can be avoided.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ
If you hire DJ Mikey Beats to play the music for your wedding, then you are getting an experienced professional who knows how to keep the party going. At the same time, you can still be heard and make your song selections known. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more, or you can request a quote online.
Do you want to have a father-daughter dance on your special day but are having trouble coming up with ideas? Here are a few popular hits from a variety of genres.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations – If your dad is into oldies, this a great way to give him a special dance with his little girl.
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland – It’s the perfect country song for a dad, and the lyrics will probably express a lot of what he’s thinking, even if you’re not really into country music.
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion – If you want your dad to know that the person you are today has everything to do with him, Celine Dion may be the perfect artist to say it for you while you’re on the dance floor.
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you want to stick to the oldies but avoid lyrics that are as directly linked to a father-daughter relationship, this may be just the song you’ve been searching for.
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder – Stevie may have intended this as a romantic song, but the idea of a dad who will always be there is so rare in the modern world, this song matches up with what every girl hopes for from her dad.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your Wedding
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get access to all of the best songs, and you get to be in control of the content. Sure Mikey will curate the playlist to keep your friends and family on the dance floor, but you can choose must-play songs, do-not-play songs, and express your musical tastes. Call 858.270.2195 today for a booking inquiry or get a quote online.
One of the parts of the evening where entertainment for the guests often gets forgotten about is the cocktail hour. After all, the wedding party may be off getting pictures taken during this time, so the only person who could be looking after your guests is your DJ, and he needs to know what he’s doing. Here are some of the best ways to entertain your guests while they mingle and wait for your arrival.
- The 70s – The 70s offer us a lot of great music to choose from for a cocktail hour. You can go with easy listening music for an older crowd or just to support conversation. Soft rock can take the mood up just a little bit more with hits from classic artists like Elton John and Queen.
- The 80s – The 80s give you a lot of great options. From 80s pop music to funk to the emerging alternative genre and bands like REM and Jane’s Addiction, there are a lot of different directions the 80s can take you.
- The 90s – The 90s saw a revolution in music, and while there is plenty of great pop music to choose from, R&B music was brought out of the club and into the mainstream. Mary J Blige, SWV, and TLC may be just the background music for a wedding audience in their 30s and 40s who grew up with these tunes.
San Diego Wedding DJ Services You Can Rely On
DJ Mikey Beats can take care of your wedding guests from the ceremony and the procession right through the cocktail hour and on into the evening. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.