You want all of your friends to be up on the dance floor having a memorable time at your wedding. So how can you make sure your playlist will get them out there? The first step is to hire the right wedding DJ, someone who can read the crowd and curate the tunes perfectly. However, you also want to play an active role in selecting songs for the playlist. Here are a few tips:
- Base your decisions on experience – What songs get everyone out on the dance floor at your friends’ weddings? Since you may have a lot of the same people at your reception, you know a few songs that really work.
- Crowdsource – Send out an email blast to the guest list and ask for requests in advance. Be sure to play the songs that get the most requests.
- Do a Google search – You can search for things like “Top Wedding Songs of 2019” and then play the songs to see if you like them.
- Ask your DJ – You may be able to provide genres instead of individual songs and let your DJ make a few of the executive choices throughout the evening. Perhaps you can prepare a list of songs you definitely do not want to have played, so those can be avoided.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ
If you hire DJ Mikey Beats to play the music for your wedding, then you are getting an experienced professional who knows how to keep the party going. At the same time, you can still be heard and make your song selections known. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more, or you can request a quote online.
Do you want to have a father-daughter dance on your special day but are having trouble coming up with ideas? Here are a few popular hits from a variety of genres.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations – If your dad is into oldies, this a great way to give him a special dance with his little girl.
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland – It’s the perfect country song for a dad, and the lyrics will probably express a lot of what he’s thinking, even if you’re not really into country music.
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion – If you want your dad to know that the person you are today has everything to do with him, Celine Dion may be the perfect artist to say it for you while you’re on the dance floor.
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – If you want to stick to the oldies but avoid lyrics that are as directly linked to a father-daughter relationship, this may be just the song you’ve been searching for.
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder – Stevie may have intended this as a romantic song, but the idea of a dad who will always be there is so rare in the modern world, this song matches up with what every girl hopes for from her dad.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your Wedding
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get access to all of the best songs, and you get to be in control of the content. Sure Mikey will curate the playlist to keep your friends and family on the dance floor, but you can choose must-play songs, do-not-play songs, and express your musical tastes. Call 858.270.2195 today for a booking inquiry or get a quote online.
One of the parts of the evening where entertainment for the guests often gets forgotten about is the cocktail hour. After all, the wedding party may be off getting pictures taken during this time, so the only person who could be looking after your guests is your DJ, and he needs to know what he’s doing. Here are some of the best ways to entertain your guests while they mingle and wait for your arrival.
- The 70s – The 70s offer us a lot of great music to choose from for a cocktail hour. You can go with easy listening music for an older crowd or just to support conversation. Soft rock can take the mood up just a little bit more with hits from classic artists like Elton John and Queen.
- The 80s – The 80s give you a lot of great options. From 80s pop music to funk to the emerging alternative genre and bands like REM and Jane’s Addiction, there are a lot of different directions the 80s can take you.
- The 90s – The 90s saw a revolution in music, and while there is plenty of great pop music to choose from, R&B music was brought out of the club and into the mainstream. Mary J Blige, SWV, and TLC may be just the background music for a wedding audience in their 30s and 40s who grew up with these tunes.
San Diego Wedding DJ Services You Can Rely On
DJ Mikey Beats can take care of your wedding guests from the ceremony and the procession right through the cocktail hour and on into the evening. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
Having a conversation with your prospective wedding DJ is a good way to know if he is the real deal or just another amateur masquerading as a pro. Here are a few things that your professional wedding DJ should be happy to discuss with you.
- The type of music you enjoy/want to have played – It’s your wedding, so while the DJ may make some decisions as to what to play next for the mood of the audience, you should be at the helm, determining the types of music you enjoy and want to hear on your special day.
- The type of music you would like to avoid – In fact, you may want to go one step further and have a list of songs that you absolutely do not want to have played. This could keep there from being some tension if a guest decides to request a song that you don’t want to hear.
- Pronunciation of wedding party names – The last thing you want is for someone in your wedding party to have to enter the reception to a butchered announcement. Of course, you may also want to have someone you know personal making the introductions, in which case what you really need to discuss is whether you can use the DJ’s equipment for the announcements.
The Best DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
Of course, there are plenty of other things to discuss with your DJ, and we don’t have time to review them all here. What you really need to know is that DJ Mikey Beats can be the professional wedding DJ you are looking for in the San Diego area. For booking information, call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online.
You want your wedding to be perfect, so that means learning from the mistakes of others who have come before you. When it is time to choose a wedding DJ, here are some of the big mistakes that you want to avoid.
- Not hiring a professional – Not everyone who calls themselves a professional DJ has pro sound equipment and an extensive playlist. Anyone who has been paid to DJ can say he’s a pro. You need to do a little research online to learn about your DJ.
- Waiting to hire a DJ – As soon as your wedding date is set, you should be submitting your booking inquiry. In fact, if you have your heart set on a specific DJ, you may want to make sure your day is open before you book with the venue.
- Leaving all the music decisions up to the DJ – Once everyone hits the dance floor, a pro DJ (especially one with club experience) will be able to read the room and keep the crowd going for the rest of the evening. But when it comes to processional music, your first dance, and any other special dances that you want throughout the evening, you should be making the choices. You should also have lists of songs that you specifically do and don’t want to have played.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Special Day
DJ Mikey Beats wants to help you make your big day one for the record books. For booking inquiries, you can call 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
When you hire a DJ for your wedding, you want to be sure you are getting the full package. What should your DJ be providing? Be sure to ask about these four things:
- DJ Equipment – If your DJ doesn’t have his own professional sound equipment, he’s not a real DJ. Depending on the size of the venue and the number of guests, you may need a different speaker set up, so be sure to discuss this in advance.
- Lighting – Dance floor lighting is essential. Your venue may already have some lights for the dance floor. Either way, you should discuss this with your DJ. Ask what is included and if there are any lighting add-ons that you may prefer.
- Custom Announcements – Besides just DJing, you may want your professional DJ to make some announcements for you. Or you may want to be able to use the sound equipment to make some announcements yourself or for speeches/toasts. Discuss this in advance with your wedding DJ.
- Insurance – Some venues require that your vendors provide an insurance certificate. If this is the case, you should ask your DJ. This is also an excellent way to find out if your DJ is a professional since pros understand the importance of having liability coverage.
Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is one of the premier wedding DJs in the San Diego area. Book your event now to ensure availability. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online today.
If you’ve been to a club lately, you probably notice that many of the best songs to dance to contain explicit lyrics. However, you may want to find other songs to play at your wedding reception. Here are three reasons to have your wedding DJ avoid music with explicit lyrics at your reception.
- Kids – If there are going to be any children invited to the wedding, music with explicit lyrics will be a big no-no. While some parents may not care what type of music their children listen to, you shouldn’t be making the decision for all of the parents in attendance at the wedding. If you invite families, the assumption will be that the reception is going to be family friendly.
- Your parents – Your parents may have grown up during the time when explicit lyrics labels were just beginning to be placed on music for the first time. In this case, they are probably more sensitive to the lyrics of music than the modern generation. You want your entire family to be able to enjoy their evening.
- Your grandparents – Are grandma and grandpa still around to see your big day? Then the last thing you want is for them to feel like they were not considered when the wedding arrangements were made. You don’t need to stick completely to older styles of music, but there should be a good mix. At the very least, you can avoid songs with language that will shock the older generation.
A San Diego DJ for All Types of Weddings
When you hire DJ Mikey Beats for your wedding, you get the best music selection so that you can hear the songs you want and meet the diverse needs of your wedding guests. You also get top of the line sound equipment and an experienced wedding DJ. Call 858.270.2195 to book today, or you can get a quote online.
Hiring a professional DJ can help your wedding to be smoother from start to finish. However, you have to ask the right questions to make sure the DJ you are about to hire can handle everything you need. Here are a few important questions to ask your wedding DJ well before the big day.
- What role will you play on the wedding day? – This is important because you want to be sure that you are on the same page regarding responsibilities. Some wedding DJs treat it just like being at the club. They show up for the reception and keep people on the dancefloor. Others are willing to help from start to finish including playing music for guests as they arrive at the ceremony, playing the songs for the bridal party and bride to walk down the aisle, offering pre-dinner music, making PA equipment available for announcements, speeches or toasts, playing the first dance, and then getting people out on the dance floor.
- What do you intend to wear? – This shouldn’t even be a question, right? It’s a wedding. A pro should be dressed like a wedding guest in a nice suit. Don’t wait until the day of your wedding to find out that the DJ shows up in a flannel shirt, ripped jeans, and a pair of Converse sneakers. Some DJs have a loose definition of the word professional.
- Do you take requests? – Your DJ should be willing to take requests from the guests, but within reason of course. If a song is on the “do not play list” or is not appropriate for the dance floor, a good job should politely deny the request and always ask if there is something else they would like to request.
The Right DJ for Your San Diego Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats is the professional wedding DJ that you want entertaining your guests. For booking, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.
It’s your magical day. Surrounded by friends and family, you get to tie the knot with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It’s time to party! But to do it right, you have to hire the right wedding DJ. Here are a few tips to help you make a great choice.
- Don’t let one of your friends or family members do it – Your wedding isn’t the time to hire an amateur. You can let your cousin DJ your summer BBQ.
- Ask about equipment – Is it clear and powerful? Can you use the PA system for announcements or speeches?
- Ask about music – Are you allowed to have a must-play or a do-not-play list? Are all of the genres you want to hear represented well?
- Does he have experience? – You definitely want someone with wedding DJ experience, but other experience is beneficial as well. For example, has the DJ played clubs or corporate events? You want to be sure your entertainer has experience playing to different types of audiences so you know that he can read a room well.
- Check reviews – Anyone can have one or two haters, but you want to hire a DJ who gets 5-star reviews from almost every client.
DJ Mikey Beats Is the Wedding DJ You Need
DJ Mike Beats is an experienced wedding, corporate, and club DJ with great sound equipment and a huge selection of music. To book your event and start working on a playlist, call 858.270.2195 today, or you can start out by getting a quote online.
People have some pretty wild ideas when it comes to wedding DJs. Here are a few myths that surround this profession:
- Wedding DJs don’t like requests – I love requests and here’s why; some songs could be family favorites but did not make it on the play list and sometimes the bride and groom don’t take into consideration what the guests want to hear. Certain songs can be anthems at family parties and can really make precious moments at weddings. I love speaking with family members because I can get to know the family history and express it through music. With all the decisions the bride and groom need to make in organizing a wedding, sometimes the music details aren’t expressed. This is why I love requests.
- If you’ve heard one DJ, you’ve heard them all – All DJs have their own unique experience and strengths. For a wedding, you want a professional wedding DJ, but also someone with mixed experienced such as in clubs to ensure that the entertainment will fit any audience.
- Anyone can DJ your wedding – I guess if you don’t care about the music or how much fun your guests have, this is true. But if you want your reception to be the bash of the century, then you need to hire a professional, not have someone stand in the corner with an iPhone and a “wedding beats” playlist.
Hire the Best San Diego Wedding DJ for Your Big Day
DJ Mikey Beats has experience with weddings, clubs, and even in the corporate sector. He brings along his own unique personality and professional sound equipment to make sure that your wedding guests have the time of their lives and remember your special day forever. To hire DJ Mikey, call 858.270.2195 today, or get a quote online.