When you hire a wedding DJ, you need to think about things like a must-play list and do-not-play list. You also have to consider the genres of music that you want to play to ensure your DJ knows how to blend the type of music that you want played at your wedding into the mix seamlessly. Here are a few genres that sometimes get skipped that you should be thinking about because they make for a great mix at a wedding.
- Ballroom – The styles of dance that go along with ballroom music can be intimidating for those with no formal training, but you can add a fun little element to the reception by having a knowledgeable couple give a brief lesson during the evening and then having a few ballroom songs played.
- Swing – While swing dance may require a learning curve, there are always a few couples at a wedding who know what they are doing. Plus, the beat is repeating so even if someone has no formal training, they can usually bounce along to the rhythm.
- Latin – From bachata to salsa, there are plenty of favorites in this genre. Again, with knowledge of how to do all the right steps or not, people are sure to enjoy the beat. And there are always a few couples who are sure to tear up the dancefloor.
The Right Wedding DJ for Your Ceremony and Reception
Hire DJ Mikey Beats for the best blend of music genres played on top-quality equipment by an experienced wedding and club DJ. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
If you are planning a wedding, one of the most important decisions you will have to make will be in regard to hiring the right wedding DJ. One of the keys to making a good decision is asking the right questions. Here are the three most important questions to ask your wedding DJ.
- What will be your wedding day responsibilities? – Some DJs just want to show up and play their playlist. Others will handle responsibilities all day long including making announcements, introducing the wedding party at the reception, playing music at the ceremony, providing the microphones for speeches, and the like. You know what you want, and your DJ should know what he can handle.
- What is your usual wedding outfit? – You can just assume your DJ is a professional and will dress appropriately. But if you assume, you may end up with a rude awakening. If he shows up in a t-shirt and ripped jeans but you never talked about it, you just don’t know what you are getting.
- Will you play requests? – Of course, the DJ should be playing your requests, but what about reasonable requests from guests? Make sure that the DJ will also respect your do not playlist even if a guest asks for one of those songs that you hate.
Your Professional San Diego Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be the professional at the helm for your wedding. From the ceremony to the reception, if you want an experienced wedding and club DJ spinning your tunes, then call 858.270.2195, or get a quote online today.
If you are planning a wedding in 2020, what are some of the top trends that you should know about? There are many things to think about, from planning the meal and décor to hiring the right wedding DJ. Here are a few ways to stay modern while you make your vows.
- Eco-friendly – However you do it, sustainability is a must in 2020. Chose a caterer who shops with local growers, select an energy-efficient venue, don’t offer plastic straws, or find another way to be socially conscious.
- Diet-friendly menus – Whether you are inviting a vegan, someone with a gluten sensitivity, or a friend who is just trying to eat healthier, be sure that your menu is inclusive so that no one has to bring their own meal or go hungry.
- LED lighting – This is a great way to go eco-friendly and enhance the existing lighting at your venue. LED lighting is attractive, affordable, and allows you to do some amazing things with lights.
- Unique table shapes – Rather than having the standard round or rectangular tables, mix it up with some unique tables. Just remember that you may end up paying more for the tablecloth rental if you need custom sizes.
- Luxury charcuterie – After the cake cutting, give your guests a savory option with a beautifully decorated cheese table. Or you can open with the cheese table during the cocktail hour.
Don’t Forget the Entertainment!
DJ Mikey Beats can help breathe life into your wedding day with all the hits you love and some great spins on classic songs that are perfect for everything from walking down the aisle to having your first dance. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online to get started.
If you are planning a winter wedding, then here are some tips to help you plan a great celebration that is season-appropriate.
- Serve the right foods – Seasonal foods are always going to be fresher, taste better, and feel right to guests. In winter, there are many varieties of squash that could be perfect for the occasion. Hearty foods like pasta are also well-received in winter.
- Display the right flowers – Roses are always in style, but for a winter wedding, why not try white roses instead of red? Seasonal flowers will always look the best and be less expensive, so you can also try poinsettias or calla lilies.
- Plan ahead for outdoor photos – Have something for you and your wedding party to cover up with between shots. Have the shoot well-planned to minimize how long you have to be out in the cold. The photographer will have to make a lot more adjustments to your pictures if everyone’s faces turn pale and noses turn red.
- Play the right songs – Obviously, you probably won’t be leaning toward holiday songs at your wedding. However, you may want to play some songs that combat the season, such as “Hot in Herre” by Nelly. Of course, songs like that are best later in the evening once older guests have gone home. You can discuss the details with your wedding DJ.
Your San Diego Wedding DJ
Whether it is the winter or any other season, DJ Mikey Beats wants to be your wedding DJ. Just call 858.270.2195 to discuss availability, or you can get a quote online.
If you and your partner are already happy with the arrangement you have, is there any benefit to legalizing your marriage? Besides the benefits that come from this process for those who are religious, here are some other perks of throwing a wedding and making this official with the government.
- Tax Benefits – Not only do married couples get some great tax breaks, but you can also simplify the entire process by filing jointly.
- Other Financial and Legal Benefits – You may not be thinking about this now if you are still young, but there are social security benefits to being married. There are also benefits when it comes to retirement accounts and to estate planning.
- Health and Emotional Benefits – Even if you are not religious yourselves, if your families are, they may breathe a sigh of relief once you legalize your marriage. Besides this, you can get some benefits when it comes to health insurance, especially if only one member of the couple has benefits through work. Finally, according to some research, married couples live longer, have a lower risk of depression, and produce more serotonin.
Planning a Wedding to Celebrate the Paperwork
Why go through the paperwork without having the party too? After all, you’ve got plenty to celebrate. Besides your love, you get all the benefits noted above!
When you are ready to tie the knot, DJ Mikey Beats wants to by your wedding DJ. With all the experience and professional equipment that you want on your big day, you can be sure that your guests will have a blast. Call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online today.
While many components of a well-crafted wedding can lead to added stress, your music doesn’t have to be one of them. Here are a few tips to help you get the music right at your wedding and maybe even have a little fun with the planning part.
- Choose the right DJ – An experienced wedding DJ can make the entire process easier for you. While you will still want to play an active role in the must-play and do-not-play lists, you won’t have to handpick every song for the evening.
- Avoid the common mistakes – From choosing songs with explicit lyrics while your grandparents will still be around to selecting a song that is way too long for your first dance at the reception, be sure to avoid the major mistakes that people make when preparing their wedding music.
- Choose the dances you want – Of course, you will need a song for your first dance, but what other special dances will you have? Common ideas include a father-daughter dance, mother and son dance, and an anniversary dance.
Let DJ Mikey Beats Help Make Planning Your Music Fun
When you work with an experienced wedding DJ, everything becomes easier. DJ Mikey Beats has the song choices and DJ equipment to help your guests enjoy the evening to the full while also assisting to ensure that the background music runs smoothly as guests enter the ceremony or during the meal. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 now, or you can submit an inquiry online.
Whether you are obsessed with having a traditional wedding cake or you want something a little less conventional, there are some tips that apply to just about every situation. Here are some dos and don’ts to help you plan for your wedding cake.
- Do know what you can spend – If the wedding cake isn’t that important to you, keep the budget smaller (you can even get cupcakes for about $3/each). If you don’t have the money, keep the budget smaller. If money is no option and the cake is a must, you can go all out and spend $30 a slice. Just have a number in mind before you start shopping.
- Don’t forget the season – Some cakes will do better depending on the weather conditions. Knowing the expected temperature, humidity levels, and whether you plan on having the wedding indoors or outside will make a big difference to your baker.
- Do set up a beautiful table – Decorating the table nicely will make it a centerpiece for the reception and beautiful spot for pictures during the cake cutting.
- Don’t forget to eat some yourselves – In the rush of the evening, some couples never get a piece of their own cake. Even if you have to have the caterer wrap a few slices to go, be sure to have some for yourselves.
Do Pick the Right Song for the Cake Cutting
DJ Mikey Beats can help with the right music and sound equipment for the cake cutting and every special moment of your big day. Get started by calling 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
Often people focus on music at the wedding reception and ceremony as two different entities, but if you plan on having one DJ play the music for both, here are some tips to help everything run smoothly.
- Have entry music – When your guests are arriving, don’t let them walk into the ceremony venue in awkward silence. Music should begin at least 20-30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Don’t offend your guests – If you have religious or conservative guests, remember that you may need to tone down the music – at least, at the ceremony and early parts of the reception. Your guests may not want explicit lyrics laden music, especially those over the age of 50.
- Talk about must-play music – What do you absolutely have to hear? The DJ will be mixing the tunes to keep the party upbeat, but you are still the master of the playlist.
- Watch song length on your first dance – Anything more than three minutes starts to get uncomfortable for everyone. If your favorite song is longer, there may be a shorter version that can be used for your first dance.
- Have a good mix – If all of your music is from a single genre, you limit which guests will have a good time to those who have the same musical interests as you.
Hire the Right DJ for the Best Wedding Music
The best tip is to hire DJ Mikey Beats as your wedding DJ. With wedding and club DJing experience, you are sure to have a fun night. Plus, you get to enjoy the best music and sound equipment. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more or get a quote online.
When it comes to making your wedding day a special event that is not only memorable for you but also for your guests, it is all about the details. Here are a few things that can really leave a big impression if you get them right.
- The Entrance – The décor and mood when someone first walks in will set the tone for the entire event. The right decorations and music can go a long way when it comes to greeting your guests and making them feel welcome.
- The Guestbook – Rather than having a book, try something unique that guests will have fun signing. For example, you can have guests write marriage advice or date night suggestions on Jenga blocks.
- The Favors – Useful favors are more memorable than simple keepsakes, which eventually get tossed.
- The Dessert Table – It’s one of the last big events of the evening, and it is often the focal point of the reception, so having the dessert table set up right is a must.
- The Music – Your wedding entertainment will dictate if people have a good time, so that is crucial. But you also want to think about music for the ceremony and for your first dance. The perfect first dance song may bring you to mind every time a guest hears it for the rest of their life.
Getting the Music Right in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats offers the premier wedding DJ services in southern California. For all the right music and a memorable evening, call 858.270.2195, or you can request your quote online.
Wedding websites are basically becoming ubiquitous. It is a place where you can provide information for your guests, tell your unique story, post your registry, and all sorts of other convenient things. Here are a few of the places you can get a site for free (or cheap if you want a “pro” version).
- The Knot – If you want to go with what has now become the old standby, this is it. It’s been around for years, and it’s free unless you want to drop $20 on a custom domain name. It’s the best all-around site.
- Wedding Wire – This is another free site that offers custom domains for just $12.99. The big feature is the ability to block hotel rooms in the area, so if you have a lot of out of town guests, this is probably the best site for you. Also, you can check out my 5-star reviews when you are ready to book a DJ.
- Minted – Once again, it’s $20 to upgrade to the premium version. The difference is that many of the features require the upgrade, not just the custom domain name. On the other hand, they have their own community of designers, so you end up with a unique site and matching invites/décor.
- Zola – It’s free, and custom domain names are $14.95. There are a few really nice features like the guest list and the ability to set up different events that are only visible to people you’ve invited. But let’s be honest, using Zola is all about curating a high-end registry.
Hire the Right DJ for Your Big Day
Hire a professional wedding DJ today by calling 858.270.2195 or requesting a quote here on the site. And don’t forget to update your wedding website to let all your guests know that DJ Mikey Beats is going to be providing the ultimate soundtrack!