A few weeks ago, your wedding plans may have been soaring along. Now coronavirus is making a mess of any big gathering, and that includes a large festive wedding. What are some of the ways that COVID-19 is forcing couples to rethink their wedding plans?
- Canceled flights – Everyone has already RSVP’d, but suddenly flights start getting canceled, and essential guests can’t make it.
- Legal issues – Some states or counties are banning all local events over a certain size. If you have more wedding guests than the temporary restrictions allow, it can force you to make some tough choices.
- Fears – Whether you are the one who is concerned or it is your guests, fears can result in someone not being at the wedding. This is especially true for older ones who are particularly affected.
- Vendor cancellations – Whether your vendor has to cancel because they are sick or they are afraid of getting sick at your event, you may need a last-minute replacement, which is often expensive and difficult to come by.
- What if someone shows up sick? – Let’s say a friend or relative who doesn’t take COVID-19 seriously shows up with a cough? Will you subject your guests to possible danger? Will you tell your loved one to leave?
Some Wedding Planning Decisions May Be Difficult
From providing hand sanitizer or masks for guests to delaying the wedding day to having some loved ones watch on Skype – you may be faced with some tough decisions. One easy decision is to ask DJ Mikey Beats to be your professional wedding DJ. Just call 858.270.2195 or submit the online contact form today.
If you hire a professional wedding DJ, there are going to be a few things that you will have to discuss in advance, including the must-play list and a do-not-play list. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
The must-play will include the song you want to use for your first dance, as well as any other songs that absolutely must be played during the evening. This includes music that you like to listen to daily, your favorite artists, and favorite genres.
The do-not-play list includes specific songs, artists and whole genres of music that you do not like. It can also include songs with explicit language.
You may also consider holding off on certain songs, such as explicit songs, until the oldest and youngest guests have gone home for the evening.
Hire the Right Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats is happy to meet your music needs for the evening while still keeping everyone happy and pumped about your wedding. To learn more, call 858.270.2195, or you can make an online inquiry.
You’ve been waiting for this day your entire life. Don’t let a DJ mess it up just because they claim to be a professional DJ. Be your own advocate, and make sure to do everything on this checklist:
- Read online reviews – You can gloss over one bad review in the light of dozens of good ones. But if Google says the DJ shows up late, drinks all your booze, and plays songs the Couple specifically said no to, then you know to pass.
- Ask about experience – Of course, your wedding DJ needs to have experience with weddings. However, you might get some additional benefits if you hire someone with club experience. Club DJs need additional technical skills and a heightened ability to read an audience. That can prove useful when it comes to your reception as well, ensuring that guests will have a stellar time.
- Ask about the equipment and music – Make sure your wedding DJ has great equipment, and that it is available to you if you need a PA system for announcements or speeches. Also, make sure your DJ has the songs on your must-play list and that he is willing to let you provide a do-no-play list as well.
The Wedding DJ Who Ticks All the Boxes
DJ Mikey Beats is an experienced wedding and club DJ with a fantastic reputation and top of the line equipment. Call 858.270.2195, or submit an online inquiry, to book your dates and get started on your playlist.
Creating the perfect atmosphere for your wedding reception is a lot like producing a movie. And if all goes well, your guests will walk away with the same dreamy feeling they get from a cinematic blockbuster. Here are the three things you need to make it happen.
- Lights – Lighting is critical for a number of reasons. First of all, it produces the right ambiance for the evening. Second, your photographer is going to need the right amount of lighting to get great photos and videos.
- Camera – Instagram seems to have taken over the world. But for one special night, you get to control a lot of what gets posted (by your guests). Set up areas for photos. Have a photo booth. And don’t forget to set your own hashtag so when your guests post, you can find the pictures right away. You’ll get all those images way faster than the ones from a pro photographer.
- Action – Don’t forget to make it a party! With the right wedding DJ, music, sound equipment, and special effects, you can throw the dance party of the decade. After all, you have to let everyone work off that big dinner and all the cocktails.
Hire the Right DJ for Your Wedding
DJ Mikey Beats can help to ensure that your wedding is remembered fondly for years to come. Book your date now by calling 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote by submitting the online contact form.
When you are planning a wedding, one of the main considerations has to be the DJ you will hire. After all, the enjoyment of the guests usually depends on two things: the food and the entertainment. Of course, you also want to enjoy your own wedding and hear all the songs that you love. So here are five reasons to hire a professional wedding DJ rather than trying to save money with an amateur.
- Reliability – Once you have a contract with a professional, you know the music is taken care of. If your buddy is spinning your tunes and then he has something else come up, you may find yourself in a tight spot.
- Talent – DJs know the craft best. If you want seamless transitions between songs and impeccable song selection, you have to hire a pro.
- Better equipment – Amateurs can’t afford the type of equipment that professionals use day in and day out. Plus, even if you rent pro equipment, an amateur won’t know how to use it properly.
- The best music – You get high-quality tracks, a great selection of songs, and peace of mind knowing that the music is all legal.
- Professional – A pro will show up on time, be appropriately dressed for the occasion, and can help your guests have a good time without distracting form the purpose of the evening – you!
Your Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is ready to help take your wedding day to the next level. Create an unforgettable event by calling 858.270.2195 today, or you can get a quote online.
If you have a friend or family member who is good with a playlist and has a few speakers, is that a viable way to cut costs at your wedding? Not if you want everyone to have a great time. There are some things a professional wedding DJ should know how to do that you simply can’t get from an amateur. Here are some important tricks of the trade.
- Song selection – The DJ is creating the playlist on the spot. He can see when dancers are getting tired and it’s time to slow things down or if people are getting bored and it’s time to mix things up. You can’t read the audience when you just have a preset playlist that someone made weeks ago.
- Equalizing – DJs use an equalizer to adjust the high, low, and middle tones of a track. This ensures that the bass sounds nice when you are dancing to the beat, but vocals are clear for a ballad or when you use the sound system for speeches and announcements.
- Beat matching – Your DJ is going to actively match the beat of the song that is ending to the next one coming on so that there is no dead space between songs. Those little pauses are when people leave the dancefloor.
Top Wedding DJ in San Diego
Are you looking for one of the best wedding DJs in the San Diego area? DJ Mikey Beats has both wedding and club experience, so you get the best of both worlds. Put his professional experience to use by calling 858.270.2195, or you can get a quote online.
You would be surprised by some of the things that people say about wedding DJs. Of course, you may also believe some of the things that are not true yourself without a professional wedding DJ to correct your thinking. With that in mind, here are a few myths about wedding DJs.
- Anyone can do it – With training and experience, maybe. But only pro DJs already have the right equipment, song selection, and experience to DJ a wedding properly.
- All professional DJs are the same – Actually, the opposite is true. DJs are like snowflakes. No two are alike and you are going to have a unique experience every time. That’s why you want an experienced wedding DJ. Having club experience is also a nice bonus because you know the DJ can get people on the dancefloor all night long.
- Pro DJs hate requests – Wedding DJs love requests. We just want the bride and groom to provide us with a must playlist and do not playlist. We don’t want to leave out your favorite songs because of taking requests all night, and we also don’t want to play something you hate because your uncle asked for it as a joke.
Hire a Professional San Diego Wedding DJ
When you are looking for a professional DJ with wedding and club experience, DJ Mikey Beats is here for you. You get the best music and sound equipment along with the professionalism you expect at a wedding. Call 858.270.2195 today, or you can submit an online inquiry.
Do you have a limited budget for your wedding reception and at the same time don’t want everything to come off as cheap or hokey? Here are a few tips to help you still have a special day without spending the rest of your life paying for it.
- Hire a wedding DJ – You want a professional playing your music, so you know you will have good sound quality and all the songs you want. However, a band can cost a fortune since there are usually several members who all want a cut. Therefore, a professional wedding DJ will still save you money without giving you the cheap feel of a friend playing songs from an iPhone over a Bluetooth speaker.
- Send eVites – Electronic invites can save you a fortune over printed invites, and there is no postage. You can get some really nice ones, customize them as you like, and your guests can save the email forever (whereas a paper invite eventually gets trashed). For those older relatives who won’t use email, you can usually print a few of your eVites.
- Get married on an off-day – Most people get married on Saturday. It makes every part of the wedding more expensive. If you can swing a Friday or Sunday wedding, you will be sure to save money, and the vendors you want will most likely be free, even you are not booking a full year in advance.
Book a Professional Wedding DJ Today!
DJ Mikey Beats wants to help ensure that your wedding is an event to remember. If you want the best music, high-quality sound equipment, and a great PA system for announcements and speeches, call 858.270.2195 or request a quote online.
One of the moments that everyone looks forward to at a wedding reception is the first dance of the new couple. Much thought goes into choosing the song, people take photos and videos, and it’s one of the highlights of the evening.
However, this is not the only special dance that you can prepare in advance for your wedding. Here are some other popular options to consider.
- Mother-son dance – The groom may want a special dance with his mother. You can also invite guests to join in. If the groom doesn’t have a mother for whatever reason, he could even dance with his stepmom, godmother, or a grandma who raised him.
- Father-daughter dance – This is another special dance that you can have regardless of family makeup. Stepfathers, grandfathers, and even father figures could be invited to the dancefloor.
- The anniversary dance – This is a fun way to get all the couples at the wedding on the dancefloor. Of course, you get to kick the wedding couple off the dancefloor pretty much immediately, but they already had their dance together. Plus, it’s funny when the DJ asks anyone married less than a day to exit the dancefloor. The last couple standing gets to show off how long they’ve been married, and you can even hand them a mic and ask for marriage advice.
Hire a Professional Wedding DJ in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats is proud to offer all of the wedding DJ services that couples need. From great music and state-of-the-art sound equipment to microphones for speeches, you can get everything you need by calling 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
When you hire a wedding DJ, you need to think about things like a must-play list and do-not-play list. You also have to consider the genres of music that you want to play to ensure your DJ knows how to blend the type of music that you want played at your wedding into the mix seamlessly. Here are a few genres that sometimes get skipped that you should be thinking about because they make for a great mix at a wedding.
- Ballroom – The styles of dance that go along with ballroom music can be intimidating for those with no formal training, but you can add a fun little element to the reception by having a knowledgeable couple give a brief lesson during the evening and then having a few ballroom songs played.
- Swing – While swing dance may require a learning curve, there are always a few couples at a wedding who know what they are doing. Plus, the beat is repeating so even if someone has no formal training, they can usually bounce along to the rhythm.
- Latin – From bachata to salsa, there are plenty of favorites in this genre. Again, with knowledge of how to do all the right steps or not, people are sure to enjoy the beat. And there are always a few couples who are sure to tear up the dancefloor.
The Right Wedding DJ for Your Ceremony and Reception
Hire DJ Mikey Beats for the best blend of music genres played on top-quality equipment by an experienced wedding and club DJ. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.