While many components of a well-crafted wedding can lead to added stress, your music doesn’t have to be one of them. Here are a few tips to help you get the music right at your wedding and maybe even have a little fun with the planning part.
- Choose the right DJ – An experienced wedding DJ can make the entire process easier for you. While you will still want to play an active role in the must-play and do-not-play lists, you won’t have to handpick every song for the evening.
- Avoid the common mistakes – From choosing songs with explicit lyrics while your grandparents will still be around to selecting a song that is way too long for your first dance at the reception, be sure to avoid the major mistakes that people make when preparing their wedding music.
- Choose the dances you want – Of course, you will need a song for your first dance, but what other special dances will you have? Common ideas include a father-daughter dance, mother and son dance, and an anniversary dance.
Let DJ Mikey Beats Help Make Planning Your Music Fun
When you work with an experienced wedding DJ, everything becomes easier. DJ Mikey Beats has the song choices and DJ equipment to help your guests enjoy the evening to the full while also assisting to ensure that the background music runs smoothly as guests enter the ceremony or during the meal. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 now, or you can submit an inquiry online.
Often people focus on music at the wedding reception and ceremony as two different entities, but if you plan on having one DJ play the music for both, here are some tips to help everything run smoothly.
- Have entry music – When your guests are arriving, don’t let them walk into the ceremony venue in awkward silence. Music should begin at least 20-30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Don’t offend your guests – If you have religious or conservative guests, remember that you may need to tone down the music – at least, at the ceremony and early parts of the reception. Your guests may not want explicit lyrics laden music, especially those over the age of 50.
- Talk about must-play music – What do you absolutely have to hear? The DJ will be mixing the tunes to keep the party upbeat, but you are still the master of the playlist.
- Watch song length on your first dance – Anything more than three minutes starts to get uncomfortable for everyone. If your favorite song is longer, there may be a shorter version that can be used for your first dance.
- Have a good mix – If all of your music is from a single genre, you limit which guests will have a good time to those who have the same musical interests as you.
Hire the Right DJ for the Best Wedding Music
The best tip is to hire DJ Mikey Beats as your wedding DJ. With wedding and club DJing experience, you are sure to have a fun night. Plus, you get to enjoy the best music and sound equipment. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more or get a quote online.
When it comes to making your wedding day a special event that is not only memorable for you but also for your guests, it is all about the details. Here are a few things that can really leave a big impression if you get them right.
- The Entrance – The décor and mood when someone first walks in will set the tone for the entire event. The right decorations and music can go a long way when it comes to greeting your guests and making them feel welcome.
- The Guestbook – Rather than having a book, try something unique that guests will have fun signing. For example, you can have guests write marriage advice or date night suggestions on Jenga blocks.
- The Favors – Useful favors are more memorable than simple keepsakes, which eventually get tossed.
- The Dessert Table – It’s one of the last big events of the evening, and it is often the focal point of the reception, so having the dessert table set up right is a must.
- The Music – Your wedding entertainment will dictate if people have a good time, so that is crucial. But you also want to think about music for the ceremony and for your first dance. The perfect first dance song may bring you to mind every time a guest hears it for the rest of their life.
Getting the Music Right in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats offers the premier wedding DJ services in southern California. For all the right music and a memorable evening, call 858.270.2195, or you can request your quote online.