When you hire a wedding DJ, you need to think about things like a must-play list and do-not-play list. You also have to consider the genres of music that you want to play to ensure your DJ knows how to blend the type of music that you want played at your wedding into the mix seamlessly. Here are a few genres that sometimes get skipped that you should be thinking about because they make for a great mix at a wedding.
- Ballroom – The styles of dance that go along with ballroom music can be intimidating for those with no formal training, but you can add a fun little element to the reception by having a knowledgeable couple give a brief lesson during the evening and then having a few ballroom songs played.
- Swing – While swing dance may require a learning curve, there are always a few couples at a wedding who know what they are doing. Plus, the beat is repeating so even if someone has no formal training, they can usually bounce along to the rhythm.
- Latin – From bachata to salsa, there are plenty of favorites in this genre. Again, with knowledge of how to do all the right steps or not, people are sure to enjoy the beat. And there are always a few couples who are sure to tear up the dancefloor.
The Right Wedding DJ for Your Ceremony and Reception
Hire DJ Mikey Beats for the best blend of music genres played on top-quality equipment by an experienced wedding and club DJ. Just call 858.270.2195, or you can request a quote online.
If you are planning a wedding, one of the most important decisions you will have to make will be in regard to hiring the right wedding DJ. One of the keys to making a good decision is asking the right questions. Here are the three most important questions to ask your wedding DJ.
- What will be your wedding day responsibilities? – Some DJs just want to show up and play their playlist. Others will handle responsibilities all day long including making announcements, introducing the wedding party at the reception, playing music at the ceremony, providing the microphones for speeches, and the like. You know what you want, and your DJ should know what he can handle.
- What is your usual wedding outfit? – You can just assume your DJ is a professional and will dress appropriately. But if you assume, you may end up with a rude awakening. If he shows up in a t-shirt and ripped jeans but you never talked about it, you just don’t know what you are getting.
- Will you play requests? – Of course, the DJ should be playing your requests, but what about reasonable requests from guests? Make sure that the DJ will also respect your do not playlist even if a guest asks for one of those songs that you hate.
Your Professional San Diego Wedding DJ
DJ Mikey Beats wants to be the professional at the helm for your wedding. From the ceremony to the reception, if you want an experienced wedding and club DJ spinning your tunes, then call 858.270.2195, or get a quote online today.
If you are planning a wedding in 2020, what are some of the top trends that you should know about? There are many things to think about, from planning the meal and décor to hiring the right wedding DJ. Here are a few ways to stay modern while you make your vows.
- Eco-friendly – However you do it, sustainability is a must in 2020. Chose a caterer who shops with local growers, select an energy-efficient venue, don’t offer plastic straws, or find another way to be socially conscious.
- Diet-friendly menus – Whether you are inviting a vegan, someone with a gluten sensitivity, or a friend who is just trying to eat healthier, be sure that your menu is inclusive so that no one has to bring their own meal or go hungry.
- LED lighting – This is a great way to go eco-friendly and enhance the existing lighting at your venue. LED lighting is attractive, affordable, and allows you to do some amazing things with lights.
- Unique table shapes – Rather than having the standard round or rectangular tables, mix it up with some unique tables. Just remember that you may end up paying more for the tablecloth rental if you need custom sizes.
- Luxury charcuterie – After the cake cutting, give your guests a savory option with a beautifully decorated cheese table. Or you can open with the cheese table during the cocktail hour.
Don’t Forget the Entertainment!
DJ Mikey Beats can help breathe life into your wedding day with all the hits you love and some great spins on classic songs that are perfect for everything from walking down the aisle to having your first dance. Just call 858.270.2195 or get a quote online to get started.
While many components of a well-crafted wedding can lead to added stress, your music doesn’t have to be one of them. Here are a few tips to help you get the music right at your wedding and maybe even have a little fun with the planning part.
- Choose the right DJ – An experienced wedding DJ can make the entire process easier for you. While you will still want to play an active role in the must-play and do-not-play lists, you won’t have to handpick every song for the evening.
- Avoid the common mistakes – From choosing songs with explicit lyrics while your grandparents will still be around to selecting a song that is way too long for your first dance at the reception, be sure to avoid the major mistakes that people make when preparing their wedding music.
- Choose the dances you want – Of course, you will need a song for your first dance, but what other special dances will you have? Common ideas include a father-daughter dance, mother and son dance, and an anniversary dance.
Let DJ Mikey Beats Help Make Planning Your Music Fun
When you work with an experienced wedding DJ, everything becomes easier. DJ Mikey Beats has the song choices and DJ equipment to help your guests enjoy the evening to the full while also assisting to ensure that the background music runs smoothly as guests enter the ceremony or during the meal. To learn more, call 858.270.2195 now, or you can submit an inquiry online.
Often people focus on music at the wedding reception and ceremony as two different entities, but if you plan on having one DJ play the music for both, here are some tips to help everything run smoothly.
- Have entry music – When your guests are arriving, don’t let them walk into the ceremony venue in awkward silence. Music should begin at least 20-30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Don’t offend your guests – If you have religious or conservative guests, remember that you may need to tone down the music – at least, at the ceremony and early parts of the reception. Your guests may not want explicit lyrics laden music, especially those over the age of 50.
- Talk about must-play music – What do you absolutely have to hear? The DJ will be mixing the tunes to keep the party upbeat, but you are still the master of the playlist.
- Watch song length on your first dance – Anything more than three minutes starts to get uncomfortable for everyone. If your favorite song is longer, there may be a shorter version that can be used for your first dance.
- Have a good mix – If all of your music is from a single genre, you limit which guests will have a good time to those who have the same musical interests as you.
Hire the Right DJ for the Best Wedding Music
The best tip is to hire DJ Mikey Beats as your wedding DJ. With wedding and club DJing experience, you are sure to have a fun night. Plus, you get to enjoy the best music and sound equipment. Call 858.270.2195 to learn more or get a quote online.
When it comes to making your wedding day a special event that is not only memorable for you but also for your guests, it is all about the details. Here are a few things that can really leave a big impression if you get them right.
- The Entrance – The décor and mood when someone first walks in will set the tone for the entire event. The right decorations and music can go a long way when it comes to greeting your guests and making them feel welcome.
- The Guestbook – Rather than having a book, try something unique that guests will have fun signing. For example, you can have guests write marriage advice or date night suggestions on Jenga blocks.
- The Favors – Useful favors are more memorable than simple keepsakes, which eventually get tossed.
- The Dessert Table – It’s one of the last big events of the evening, and it is often the focal point of the reception, so having the dessert table set up right is a must.
- The Music – Your wedding entertainment will dictate if people have a good time, so that is crucial. But you also want to think about music for the ceremony and for your first dance. The perfect first dance song may bring you to mind every time a guest hears it for the rest of their life.
Getting the Music Right in San Diego
DJ Mikey Beats offers the premier wedding DJ services in southern California. For all the right music and a memorable evening, call 858.270.2195, or you can request your quote online.